Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Snowcentre - Hemel

Poster: A snowHead
rob@rar wrote:
We should have a snowHeads get-together to help christen the place.

Ooohhh that sounds like a plan snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Schuss in Boots, No White Ski Pants allowed. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Spyderman, Do you know if it's snowing yet snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Headplant, Not sure, I've been away for 2 weeks. It's got to be pretty close though. Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spyderman, not yet cannons just about to be installed.....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
skimottaret, I saw the Glycol tubing being installed 3 weeks ago. Looks like things are pretty much on schedule then
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I hope they move the webcam inside. I can't wait until it opens so I can take a lesson or two. Toofy Grin I like the idea of a snowheads day out snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think it would be rude not to have a snowHeads Christening event.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spyderman wrote:
I think it would be rude not to have a snowHeads Christening event.

Probably better wait for snoasis with ssgb moving their HQ there its going to be the place to be?
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1176814&highlight=#1176814
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boredsurfing, for some of us, you included I'd guess, Snoasis will be in the middle of nowhere. I've heard they're having trouble putting the finance together, so a 2012 opening may well be 'optimistic'.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Very exciting now. Very Happy

Visited the Hemel slope on Tuesday. The innards of the building are undergoing a 1st fit and all is taking shape. On the slope all the ridged metal pallets were in and the glycol pipes laid between the ridges. Ice is due about now and snow in the next couple of weeks! As it's the very latest in snow-making technology we should be able to expect a very good quality of artificial snow. The open plan design and the width give it a very spacious look and feel. This should also help slope utilisation. The nursery slope is wide enough to be able to use a section of it for toboganning, which will keep this off the main slope. Also good news for general sliding is that the plan at the moment is to only have slopestyle/freestyle equipment out on a predetermined night of the week.

The centre is very well conceived given its site on the old dry slope. The building is not at all stark unlike most snowdomes and actually quite attractive.. A sweeping panel on the facade is covered in an interesting subtly colour changing sort of refringent surface. The roof is due to be covered by sedum (a leaf succulent) in the next few weeks. The whole building is slightly offset to give it more length. Inside everything appears to have been well thought out with things positioned where they should be and proportionate space allocation for all the necessary sections and departments. The Snow and Rock shop has a big space as have the rental/changing areas and the bar/lounge, which even has a balcony overlooking the slope! Everything has obviously been carefully considered and the result looks very impressive.

At this point everyone there is working flat out to get things not just ready but top notch before the opening, and their enthusiasm and excitement with the project is infectious. I know a lot of the people involved fairly well and they are a very strong team who not only know about skiing but care about it a great deal. Overall I was very impressed by what I saw but I'm convinced that it is this more than anything else that'll give Hemel the edge and ensure its success.

Can't wait! snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
slikedges, glad to hear it's shaping up nicely Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
slikedges, It's all sounding good. Look forward to seeing it open. snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A new arrival at Hemel:

Bagsy a drive. Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:
The nursery slope is wide enough to be able to use a section of it for toboganning, which will keep this off the main slope.

Thank the ${DEITY} for that. Tobogganing frequently closes one half of the main slope at MK - infuriating.
snow report
HJS, There will be no tobogganing on the main slope. Very Happy

Welcome to snowHeads BTW snowHead
ski holidays
Spyderman wrote:
A new arrival at Hemel

Aww, sweet! A baby piste basher! Does its mummy know its out on its own?
snow conditions
rob@rar, We have abducted the bady basher from its mummy in Austria! She said he was a pain in the a**e anyway!

New number for The Snow Centre 0845 258900

BASI courses selling like hot cakes, Adaptive dates fixed, Memberships selling fast offering 30% discount off products!

Building temp now reduced to below freezing with ice layer being built up, snow forecast for next week!

Its all go!!
snow conditions
Spyderman, Awwww it's sweet.... ickle baby basher snowHead Bet they don't see many of those going round the M25 though... Toofy Grin
latest report
gilleski, all good news! I hope to pop in soon to take a peek. Must book the ADC L1 and Adaptive (when it appears on BASI's website). Any discount for staff? Wink
snow report
rob@rar, Rumour has it there's discount for wearing white pants... you might want to consider it... wink
snow report
Schuss in Boots wrote:
rob@rar, Rumour has it there's discount for wearing white pants... you might want to consider it... wink

No you misheard. There's a surcharge for white pants. It's white jackets that are eligible for discounts.

Wink
latest report
The only thing which is a pity is that it will be a bit shorter and less steep than Milton Keynes just up the road. I await trying it to see which I will tend to use.
I'll certainly be there for the Snowheads opening though.
snow report
Spyderman wrote:
HJS, Welcome to snowHeads BTW snowHead

Oops, that should've been me posting! Needed to create an account for my dad to sign him up on the EoSB and forgot to log out/back in again!
ski holidays
snowball wrote:
The only thing which is a pity is that it will be a bit shorter and less steep than Milton Keynes just up the road.

Same length and a bit steeper at the top is my understanding, although I might be wrong. Also, no support columns dissecting the main slope, and the learning slope is much wider, so a bit more space all round.
ski holidays
I wish someone would build one a couple of km's long (pref in Nottingham)
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
Schuss in Boots wrote:

No you misheard. There's a surcharge for white pants. It's white jackets that are eligible for discounts.

Wink

Would that be straight white jackets... ? I might even have one of those kicking around here somewhere.... Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
russ_e wrote:
I wish someone would build one a couple of km's long (pref in Nottingham)

Somewhere near Telford would be good. Fuel costs for getting to both Chill Factore and SnowDome more than double the cost for me the boy!

Even an extra 60 or 70m on the dry slope would be a start!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowball wrote:
The only thing which is a pity is that it will be a bit shorter and less steep than Milton Keynes just up the road. I await trying it to see which I will tend to use.
I'll certainly be there for the Snowheads opening though.

Rob is correct, same length as MK but steeper at 15, 12, then 10 deg, MK is 12 then 10. 32m wide uninterupted by columns.
snow report
Oh good, I thought it was the other way round. Is it 170 long like MK then, I thought it was 150?
snow conditions
Any news on how the race training will be run?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy