Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots - my feet just would not fit in!

Poster: A snowHead
I tried to put my ski boots on last week for the first time in 3 years Shocked (have been boarding during this time). I could not get my foot anywhere near the inside and I struggled and struggled and had to give up and hire some.

Has anyone else experienced this and do you know why? The boots used to fit perfectly. OK they have been sitting in our "cave" for 3 years untouched and my feet have not changed size at all. Most strange.

We plan to do a season next year and with Mouth junior being 3 then I will need to ski to take him out. Am I resigned to just getting new boots? Help.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When in Henley, you're not far from Bicester really - so my advice is to give CEM (Colin) a ring at Solutions4feet and arrange to take your boots to him. He will help you sort out the fit and give you honest advice as to whether it is time for new ones.

http://www.solutions4feet.com/ 01869 244424
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mouth, the plastic may just be really stiff when my boots were new I used to have to get a friend to pull both parts of the plastic cuff back and then it would take a lot of pushing and shoving to get my foot in ! its a bit easier now but thats because they have packed down too much Sad

It may also be cos the plastic had stiffened up in the cave ? try bringing them indoors and having another go !

This is all from my own experience I am an expert in nothing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mouth, pregancy does strange things to your feet....no seriously it does, feet often grow by a size or more and or spread in width which will affect the fit

but other than that yu should leave them in a warm room for a while as suggested above and try again
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had exactly the same last week. Dropped family off at the bottom of the lift, went to park car, pulled boots out and could not get either foot into them. They'd been warm (in the mobile home) over night but in the cold boot of the car for ~20mins.

In the end I had to hire some big sloppy boots for the day and put mine on the warmers in the locker overnight. They were then absolutely fine for the rest of the week.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys
CEM, I had considered that but honestly my feet are EXACTLY the same. I will bring them into the warmth of the chalet in 2 weeks to see if this makes a difference. However I do feel that I will be paying you a visit before long..... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mouth wrote:
Thanks guys
CEM, I had considered that but honestly my feet are EXACTLY the same.

Just curious, how do you know this?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
comprex wrote:
Mouth wrote:
Thanks guys
CEM, I had considered that but honestly my feet are EXACTLY the same.

Just curious, how do you know this?

All my other shoes and footwear fit as before including boarding boots, trainers, VB style heels and shoes that are impossible to walk in. Really no change there.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mouth, that's what happens when you go over to the darkside . . . after wearing nice cosy snowboard boots, you've got soft . . . time to toughen up girl ! wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mouth, I definately have the same problem with my boots if they're even slightly cold. It actually hurts and is a physical effort to get them on. Sometimes I just can't. Have learned to take them up to my room in a plastic bag and place by radiator overnight if there's no bootwarmers in the chalet.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Schuss in Boots, Tart Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spyderman, Takes one to know one... NehNeh
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mouth wrote:

All my other shoes and footwear fit as before including boarding boots, trainers, VB style heels and shoes that are impossible to walk in. Really no change there.

All of those are designed to stretch to fit, lace to fit, or be worn looser than ski boots. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
yep, leaving ski boots in car overnight makes them virtually impossible to get on the next morning
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mouth, I had a similar problem. See this thread Embarassed
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing Laughing that was a sH classic . . . a bottle of contact lense cleaner ! Shocked Laughing
latest report
Remember the post when it happened.... still has me howling with laughter Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy