Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

good second hand bindings

Poster: A snowHead
What should i be on the lookout for... i need two sets of bindings. One for a pair of old Rossi 4S's that i fancy getting back on and a second pair to mount on some volkl Karmas which i am planning to flog...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimottaret, you might have more chance of getting suitable replies if you use the proper term "boot holders"

some people never learn
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
old salomon 997 equipes (din to 14)
turn up on ebay quite regularly; rarely cost much and are almost all metal so last ages. they are basically the same as the current 916
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
masmith, huh?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno, yeah those could work.. any other ideas? i dont like look bindings much but do like tyrolia.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
generally think if you're buying old bindings, metal race ones will be best because they last better. so tyrolia race bindings woudl probably be good and I think they have quite a big DIN range (7-17 or thereabouts?). they do have a lot of moving parts though so maybe there is slightly more to go wrong with them? i dunno

german ebay is a goldmine for this sort of stuff (along with rubbish plastic markers)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret, forgive me, there was a thread a while back ripping the wee wee out of an ebay ad, where someone had used that description - I thought you may have remembered it, it tickled me then and has stuck with me !!

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 9-01-09 11:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret, shame you didn't post this a fortnight ago:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=46673 - pics here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=47370#1126204

The 997 14-20 can be converted to a 9-16 by taking out one of the springs.

I won't be back up at my folks' place for some time unfortunately.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

german ebay

top tip...

Sideshow_Bob, im in no rush and could be up for the 997's, how much? I like the idea of messing around with removing springs and living in terror of mashing my knees up on skinny skis with modified race bindings Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret, they're only collecting dust in the attic so you can have them for whatever the cost of postage is (plus maybe the cost of a good enough screwdriver to get them unmounted!) when I finally go back home. I would however want you to get them fully tested out before skiing on them as they are getting on a bit and I can't guarantee the screws/mechanisms are still good.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sideshow_Bob, that would be cool, as i said no rush at all for this season, whenever you could do it is fine. i would probably have Jon give em the once over on his machine to be safe..

do you have any instrutions on this conversion to 9-16? 14 would be way too stiff for me...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret, if you spot a set of Look TTs or ZRs, they are worthy.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
900S Equipes on eBay at €1 or something.. 2 days left mind you.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I just bought a pair of the all metal 9-16 for £40 from a maggot (and occassional snowHead).
I'll just leave them in a box until some point in the future when I need them.
Indestructable.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skimottaret, not seen it done myself, only heard about it on TGR on the "Salomon bindings bible" thread. I'm sure if you ask over there they'll know how to do it. Even when set at 15 the bindings themselves have always released whenever I have had a proper stack on them, even a slow twisting forward fall in deep powder.
snow conditions
skimottaret,

I have a pair of Rossi Race Carvers with Rossi 105 bindings on that should fit your 4's. if you are near Tignes at anytime you can have them. Just had a look at the skis and they are still in v good nick, think i might give them a try tomorrow wink
snow conditions
Sideshow_Bob, i am defo interested, so please bear me in mind next time your back home for a visit. snowHead skiing on Rossi 4S's and 997's in the dome would be too cool...
ski holidays
skimottaret, will do. I'll give my parents a ring to make sure they don't do a clear-out and throw them away in the meantime.

The S900s in the photo are also going pretty much for free if you don't want to bother altering the spring in the 997. They're 6-14 with a metal heel and plastic toe with metal insert. Only thing with the S900s is they're currently mounted on a driver plus plate. Sadly I'm not sure how the DPPs are mounted, be it with long screws from the bindings through the plates to the skis themselves or if the DPPs are mounted to the ski then the binding to the DPP.
latest report
Sideshow_Bob, probably worth me having both sets, i do need two..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy