Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynamic skis - any experience ??? especially Dynamic VR21

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking at new a pair of new skis.

100% piste ski, must be able to do both short and long turns and be stable at high speeds. I am advanced/expert skier. Weigh around 80 kg and height around 180.

I would like to know if anyone has any experience with Dynamic VR21...???? The Dynamic is related to Atomic and Volant - which is not the worst family members to be around...!!!

I have found 2 tests/reviews of the ski, where it has tested pretty good:

Dynamic has tested very well (VIP-ski) at http://www.skimagazin.de/Skitest.html - 2008, saison 08/09, category High Performance, Medium Turns.
Sports Gear Guide: Dynamic is #4 in skier Cross Category. http://www.sportsgearguide.com/article/WorldSkiTest_08-09/Cross.shtml

Any opinions on this ski...??

BR,
Thomas
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Meh. They're OK, rather cruisy for a long-turner. I still have 2 pairs for my use, I can't remember why anymore. Oh yeah, because they went off RRP rather quickly in the US market and have next-to-zero resale value.

The magnesium caps Dynamic had for a while were kinda interesting, but the plastic binding plates that are drilled for Atomic bindings are -very- annoying because I either have to put NEOX on them so the weight advantage goes away or a 1018, and why bother putting a 1018 on a ski I can't take to real speed or have a real plate on?

On that page, the Head 1100 is much more of what you were looking for in your other thread IMO, though I would probably throw in the Head Worldcup iSpeed (and the Fischer RC4 worldcup RC with the Flowflex plate).

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=47373

Quote:
I am looking for a ski to use only on piste (groomed runs - blue, red and black).

So I am looking for people with experience with one or more of the skis, that I am looking at.

I am looking mainly at 3 different skis:

Fischer RX8 Fire
Atomic SX10
Dynamic VR 21

The ski must be able to make both short and long turns - and be stable at high speeds...

I believe the Dynamic should be the most versatile ski (it is a category "Cross ski"). Also the Dynamic has tested very well (VIP-ski) at http://www.skimagazin.de/Skitest.html - 2008, saison 08/09, category High Performance, Medium Turns. But in general I do not know anything about Dynamic skis.

I am afraid the Fischer RX8 will not be as versatile as the Fischer RX8 Fire (radius 13m at 165 cm) will be difficult to make long turns on, and that the speed limit will be too low.

Atomic - is the SX10 considered a ski for advanced/expert skiers ? I am afraid, that it will not be able to cope with the speed and energy ?

I am a level 8/9/10 skier and weigh around 180 and around 6"0 high.

Which ski would you recommend ??? - and what length ???

Hoping for some answers and assistance Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Or, for something a little different, how about a nice new Rossignol CX80?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy