Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Overnight stay near Ischgl - suggestions?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're driving to Ischgl for 7 nights starting 4 April.
Thinking about skiing all or most of the last day (Sat 11th April) and staying somewhere overnight then returning to UK during Easter sunday (12th).
Any suggestions on where to stay without breaking the bank, to mark the end of our holiday in a way more pleasant than simply crashing out in a Formula 1/Ibis or similar?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
petem77, You could try staying somewhere on the shores of the Bodensee (Lake Constance in English) ie Bregenz, Lindau or Meersburg with its lovely medieval town centre and castle. Some accomodation in Meersburg is shown here
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We drove to Ischgl last year. On the way we stopped in Baden, Switzerland. We hadn't pre-booked so had to pay top dollar.

In the town centre there is a 'British' bar called The Pickwick Arms! It was packed, unlike the Swiss bars.

The following day we had about a 4 hour drive to Ischgl.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My experience is Austria accommodation is generally affordable for a several days stay especially with pensions (B&B). Hotel accommodation in Switzerland is always expensive so if you have a car then drive to France (Mulhouse) or Germany (any city) as hotels there are a lot more reasonable and easy to book by the Internet. I normally stay with Ibis everywhere outside the skiing resorts. You can go there as late as you want, have a proper shower, stay any number of nights and specify a parking space too. Formula 1 hotels are OK if you don't want en suite facilities.

I suppose it is a 3 hours drive to pass Switzerland so after a full skiing day coming down the Ischgl mountain at 5pm, one hour to leave Austria you should be in Mulhouse about 9pm. If you tell the hotel you to check in late you have grab a meal before checking in.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your replies.
Anyone else have suggestions on where to stay for a Sat night en-route to UK from Ischgl by road after a full day's skiing?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When we travelled from Ischgl it took us around 3 hours to get out of Austria. The traffic tends to bottleneck at the various tunnels on route. So basically I would suggest getting as far north as possible. When you get pissed off driving just head for the nearest town and find a doss house to stay in. Sorry I can't be more specific. But this is what we do when we do driving holidays. Not knowing what the driving conditions are like we never pre-book hotels and usually stop driving around 7-8pm and find somewhere.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I agree with Alastair Pink, that staying on the Bodensee would be nice and not too far a drive after a day's skiing.

If you want to do a bit more driving, than Tubingen is just south of Stuttgart and a very nice little historic university city to spend an evening in. It's not far off the motorway, but I guess it will depend on which route you are intending on taking.

D
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Deliaskis wrote:
I agree with Alastair Pink, that staying on the Bodensee would be nice and not too far a drive after a day's skiing.
If you want to do a bit more driving, than Tubingen is just south of Stuttgart and a very nice little historic university city to spend an evening in. It's not far off the motorway, but I guess it will depend on which route you are intending on taking.
Any suggestions on route, Ischgl to Calais?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You could always drive back in on hit! That's what we ended up doing last year. We live near Oxford. The whole journey took us about 11 hours. When we arrived at the tunnel there was a 2 hour delay due to engineering works. That came in handy for a break. We only stopped to fill the car up and pay tolls!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
petem77, Ah, if you're going back to Calais, then my suggestion of Tubingen is not really suitable, as that is on the more northern rout through Germany that we took to Ostend.

I don't really know the Switzerland/France route so can't help I'm afraid.

D
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy