Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Megamum's ski cool wall

Poster: A snowHead
milamber, Why don't you like em?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The arrogance of the company and that they use "sweet" as an adjective for their ski descriptions. Cadbury can get any with it but I don't think ski manufactures can. Big businesses are not hip and shouldn't pretend to be, it just looks slightly creepy in my eyes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
milamber, PM Gear is not a big business...

(It's true that I never liked the name Bro Model, but I would definitely ski them)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hand-made and unique (single pair) woodlaminate topped skis - cool.

Wally skis - very uncool.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
milamber wrote:
PM Gear BROs

Have you seen the man's 'tache? You'll be telling me Magnum PI's not cool next.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
But I don't think Magnum PI is cool, it is only his moustache that is cool. Nothing says cool better than the 80s Columbian drug lord look.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cool

Duct tape (as previously)
Tele gear (or geeky- take your pick)
Salamon Rockers with tele bindings- colder than a polar bears dangly bits
Movement

Uncool
lama hats unless worn by a lama
ski boards / bigfeet/ blades- whatever
fartbags
hoorays on walkie talkies discussing loo stops
knee braces worn over trousers
jester hats
hooray in a jester hat on blades discussing loo stops on a walkie talkie- loudly
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cool

Any old gear skied well - like my old flatmate bumpskiing in his 209 GS skis last year.
Duck tape
Black gear
Being properly equipped/skilled off piste
Goggles
Happy hour 4 euro pitchers
Helmet/beanie
Ski instruction swinging - you teach your mate's other half (less rows) and he teaches yours
Buying handmade sandwich construction skis

Uncool

Any new gear being skied poorly - all the gear... no idea - some of the Ruskies in Courcheval 1850
Sellotape
Flourescent stuff - it's still not cool
Going off piste without the equipment/skills
Sunglasses
120 euro bottles of champagne
Jester hats
Trying to teach your other half (ticking timebomb)
Buying monocoque mass produced skis
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Happy hour 4 euro pitchers

which century would that have been in wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
How can this be a megamum ski cool wall if megamum hasn't even posted in it? Surely the seal of approval is required.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
arv wrote:
Surely the seal of approval is required.

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2381624/2/istockphoto_2381624_seal_of_approval.jpg

Happy now?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was thinking more:

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You were thinking of a Heidi Klum of approval, werentcha? 'Fess up!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Would that be such a bad thing?

ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Montaz Mautino: Cool
Pomagalski: Uncool
snow conditions
Seriously uncool: whoever buys this jacket and wears it while mincing down the slopes: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BESSON-%2F-Spyder:-Authentic-BRITISH-ALPINE-SKI-TEAM-GEAR_W0QQitemZ170292151672QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090106?IMSfp=TL090106119003r12532
latest report
Sideshow_Bob, a proper amount of self deprecation could be acceptable there. He11, the Scandis will laugh at the skiing anyway.
ski holidays
Sideshow_Bob wrote:
Seriously uncool: whoever buys this jacket and wears it while mincing down the slopes: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BESSON-%2F-Spyder:-Authentic-BRITISH-ALPINE-SKI-TEAM-GEAR_W0QQitemZ170292151672QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090106?IMSfp=TL090106119003r12532

Def Uncool, despite Their hard sell:

"You are not only making a purchase, you are buying history. This is one of the nicest ski costumes I have ever seen. It has everything to keep you warm and to make you the highlight of every slope in this world. "

Laughing
snow conditions
1982 Monoski when skied wearing the very tight day glow fartbag - actually gets applause on and off piste but try as I might I don't think it can crawl out of the seriously uncool, its down there with the DeLorean, intriguing but a geek none the less.
ski holidays
skimottaret, 4Ss? Rossis not cool if after ROCs and before 7Ss... although FPs and SMs might just cut it.
ski holidays
under a new name, huhh???? you lost me with all the old monikers, i havent been skiing THAT long... Toofy Grin

Thats it I am definately gonna mount some bindings to my mint condition 4S's and take em for a spin in the dome this summer....
ski holidays
skimottaret, saw a bloke in alagna last week on 4Gs. Now there's a ski you don't see often these days... I guarantee you will find the 4Ss interesting
ski holidays
under a new name, i remember them being a ski that you needed to be good enough to drive back in the day and never owned a pair but scored some that were going to be binned... looking forward to some interesting old skooling Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy