Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obergurgl or serfaus in march?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Main family holiday this year with 2 daughters (7 and 10). I have found dirt cheap flights to innsbruck on 15th march (sun.) and there seems to be plenty of accomodation, hotel garni seems to be in our price range whatever a garni means. Which resort do you think may suit best for those dates and are we likely to be in a completely non- english accomodation booking straight off the resorts official site?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have not been to either but Serfaus has an amazing looking childrens play area on the snow http://en.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/news/wetter/ with plenty of child friendly hotels - hotels with slides and playrooms etc. Check out Lowe and Bare hotels. I would say that there are more Brits going to Obergurgl than Serfaus. Both resorts have a great rep and I'm sure you'll not be disappointed in either.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ollski, Just back from Obergurgl, with a very mixed group, from 12 - 72 and from beginngers up to decent off piste and I have to say Obergurgl was excellent, lovely wide runs over in Hockgurgl, slightly tighter but nice runs in Obergurgl, with a few coming through the trees. The 12 year old was in ski school and had a great time (whilst doing some serious improving.) There seemed to be a number of English speaking kids for her to make friends as well. Never been to Serfaus.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Either.
Serfaus great for families but Obergurgl probably more snow sure.
Why don't you just book the flights and sort resort/accomodation out closer to the time depending on where the best snow is?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Louis wrote:
Either.
Why don't you just book the flights and sort resort/accomodation out closer to the time depending on where the best snow is?

That's a fair shout I am just a little concerned about the decent accomodation disappearing as I'm not too sure how big either resort is. I have looked into the Lowe but at 2500 € H/B it's much too steep by about 3x when comparing it to one of the ***garni hotels in the resort.

Deciding factor will pretty much come down to ski school as the kids really don't want to be put through it again so it needs to be something that will be more based around fun and learning with races and games that will make it more of a holiday experience than an endurance one.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy