Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sauze d'Oulx??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am looking at somewhere to go in late march, will be with the father. Both like to have a decent apres ski. Both Blue/Red skiers. Went to St Anton last year and both loved it but looking for something different. Avoidin France because I'm sick of paying extra in comparison to other places. Sauze d'Oulx seems like a decent option. Any of you been? Any information on prices etc? Snow reliable at that time of year??
Any help much appreciated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
anotherproblem, snow can be iffy there late season. Gets a lot of warm winds from the south. I spent two days there last season and frankly thought it had seen better days and the apres ski appeared to be dominated by large groups of football hooligan types. I think you'll get better quality per pound in Austria still. Aim a bit higher just in case... Solden, Ischgl etc.

Agree about France... always feels like my wallet is getting soundly rogered.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been in Sauze a few times (see my resort review).

1. Definitely one of the cheaper options but obviously, no ski resort is actually cheap - i'd say drink prices are similar to home (for me, Ireland) and mountain restaurants are nowhere near as bad as France.

2. Ive been there 3 times in early March and got great snow the first two times followed by disaster the last time (2005). It seems to do better in March than earlier in the season but its notoriously unreliable. However, it seems to have been dumping down there for the last few weeks so hopefully it will continue in that vein.

3. Pistes - When the whole area is open, the choice is great and you can do the 2 countries thing (to Montgenevre) in a long day. I loved Sansicario n the morning. Lifts could do with updating as far as i remember though - quite a few rickety 2-mans linking some of the resorts but maybe things have changed

4. Nightlife was great as far as i (vaguely) remember; Schuss Bar and Irish bar (Paddy McGintys i think) worth a visit.

Hope that helps!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
anotherproblem, went two years ago in March and snow was so bad you had to take a chair lift _down_ the mountain...though having said that two days after we left it apparently put down nearly 1m. So I think I'd agree with drkpower - unreliable Smile

The nightlife was good, but I can definitely see where Bode's coming from...it was nowhere near as glam as St Anton Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller, Only problem i found with austria was I wanted to hit the evil witch whom I paid for my lift pass! €224!!! Who then had the bare faced cheek to say I couldn't use debit card, I had to use credit card! Which I thought was rather rude, I was using the card which says "hey I can afford this" opposed to the "Richard Branson is lending me this, I'll pay him later" card!

Oh, and the €130 to hire a pair of ski's for a week......
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ok it was ages ago
but i did sauze in 1985 this week and we had to get to clotes chairlift and go up and down each day
but while i was there went on bus to Montgenevre excellent little resort
you can get a chalet holiday there for price of HB in sauze and ski from your door step, plus being 300m higher the snow is more reliable
i went there twice in the late 80s
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bookmark - going there second week of march
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't knwo about March, did do Sauze 3 years ago last week in Feb and it was all good.

Reasonable snow, did not snow while we were out there, but they have snow cannons on most runs.

Positives
======

Great Apres - especially the Irish bar
Good Runs, some very long and challenging
Friendly

Negatives
======
Pistes were not marked that well
Very little on what the conditions are like at the top - We got caught out by freezing conditions and had to turn back

Still had a good week of skiing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy