Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes skipass info

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quick question re. ski area pass.
As ever am on a budget and wondering whether its worth saving 29 euros and just buying a tignes pass rather than an espace killy pass.
2 of us are intermediate boarders, travelling with 2 beginners.
Both of us I think will be kept more than occupied around Tignes - spending time with our beginner friends on local blues and easy reds, and the odd blast separately on harder reds and blacks around Tignes.
If we did decide to have a jaunt to Val d'Isere one day for a change of scenery is it possible to just buy an upgrade for the day at the lift pass office? And if the answer is yes - is it less than the 29 euros saving we've made by not buying the full area pass???

thanks in advance for any advice...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From this: http://www.tignes.co.uk/WinterSeason-0809.pdf the daily upgrade rate may be €29.50, but I'm not convinced because of the layout of the form. For one day in the full Espace Killy you'll be about quits, for more than one day go for a full pass.

Tignes is a big area and I'd say big enough for first week skiers. As for boarders I don't know; Tignes does have a few flatish areas, such as between the Palafour & Merles lifts. There gain, there are flatish bits just over the hill in Val d'Isere.

It's a hard call really.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tignes 6day pass = 179. Full 6 day pass = 208.50, a 29.50 difference.

So extending 1 day valD costs the same as buying a full pass from the start.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks all!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mountain mad, we had the same dilema - I would get the whole Espace KIlly pass if I were you. Tignes is great, but Val has some lovely runs for boarders that you would be mad to miss snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have skiied there for the past 2 years and found after day 2 we had exhausted Tignes run's, especially if you just stick to red's and blacks which we did.

We needed more variety and opted for Espace Killy pass as Nadenoodlee suggested Val does have some fantastic runs. Word of warning - mate just returned from Val last week and had to pay 13 euros for 2 pints in Val, although I believe Tignes is not as bad as Val.

Tignes has some very wide long Blue runs, which can be trying in some places - so should keep the beginners happy.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Full area. Trust me, I'm a seasonnaire!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy