Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Would you ski if insurance didn't cover it?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Helen LS wrote:
I wouldnt ski outside of the UK without insurance but I just think it will go up in cost a lot but like car insurance we will find the money to pay for it !

Last year my boss actually tried to ban me from going skiing saying I was putting myself in danger of getting injured and therefore being off work sick and I shouldnt go ! hmmmmm ridiculous

Isn't this analogous to banning you form having sex on the grounds you might become pregnant?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A previous employer of mine had a 'quiet' word with me about skiing and riding a motorcycle. It went something along the lines of how I couldn't be 100% committed to my career if I was prepared to willingly endanger myself. Needless to say I didn't take much notice, although I was made redundant shortly afterwards...

I've never been paid for sick leave due to an accident, just sick leave due to sickness. I think that's quite common these days, hence why income protection insurance has become so commonplace...

And there are some employers who still prefer not to employ women in case of the maternity leave thing. They might not say it, but you can be damn well sure it's at the back of their minds when interviewing a young woman, especially if she's recently married...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
queen bodecia wrote:

And there are some employers who still prefer not to employ women in case of the maternity leave thing. They might not say it, but you can be damn well sure it's at the back of their minds when interviewing a young woman, especially if she's recently married...

My g/f, being off child bearing age (mid-20's) and recently moved in with me, found her self made redundant in a company made up of something like 98% men, had thought for a while before being made redundant, that the company might try something like that. However, very difficult to prove in a court of law...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helen LS, if your that indispensible to the company they should take out 'key man' insurance on you then they have their own cover should anything happen to you.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Believe me I am very indispensable I dont have a skilled job and am easily replaceable ! in all seriousness but we are not allowed to be sick ! Anyway he would probably be pleased if I got pregnant because then there would be no way I could afford to go skiing or do anything and my life would be miserable to NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy