Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

O'Neill H4 Campack

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
(also called O'neill H Division campack for this season for some reason!)

After my first posts on this back in December 2007 about looking for reviews of it, I have finally taken the plunge and brought one off actioncameras! still no reviews of it in action, but this is the 3rd version of it, and the description of it on the site seems quite favourable (last seasons had a few technical problems apparently).

Will let you know how i get on (perhaps mine will be the world premier review of it in action, other than a few youtube clips.. Very Happy ) when it arrives, and also how it fairs on the piste (Meribel next week, going with DebbiDoesSnow amoungst others)

regards,

meadwak...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
meadwak, am looking at a new pack for camera, would be more than interested to know how you get on.
Cheers
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
will do! Hopefully will get it tomorrow whcih gives me a week to play before we head to the slopes...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just an update. Got the H4 campack last week, and was able to play with it, as best as i could in the comfort of my own living room! Video seemed fine, recording in good quality. It was a bit grainy in low light tho, but this was acceptable, as I was not planning on using it in the dark. The attached media player device was quite sturdy as well. The actual rucksack type bag thsi all comes in was great as well. However had a problem with the device recording no sound at all, which meant no sound during playback. I also had some issues trying to get it to work in various media players. My girlfriends Mac could not play videos at all! On my my vista laptop, it would not play in WMP until I had installed DIVX codecs, and even then it still complained about unrecognised sound files, although I will assume this was to do with the sound problem above (played it in the DIVX player and got the same thing).
Phoned actioncameras, looking to get a replacement, and they have informed me that O'neills, as of last Friday, have recalled the campacks due to the sound problem - so not just me having the problem! Actioncameras had brought the biggest amount of campack stock from O'neills, so had recieved a fair few calls on them, which they had in turn fed back. All of this according to the advisor I spoke to, by the way! All in all, a bit of a pity, as it seemed a nice bit of kit...
However I have now ordered the vholdr camera (www.vholdr.com). Will let you know how I get on with this one, when it arrives...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy