Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zell Am See - Pinzgauer Hut

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

OK so it might seem odd me asking a question about this, but having skied in Zell half a dozen times, I have still not actually been to the Pinzgauer Hut yet, and wanted to go next week. Anyone been? If so, what's the getting there and back like?

It looks like you sort of ski there on a little Skiweg thing, but how do you get back? Is it an uphill trudge?

Is it small and rustic or is it quite big? What's the food like?

Just want to know how to get there and if it's worth it!

Ta
D
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Deliaskis, You are towed back up by a snowmobile with a rope rig for about a dozen behind it, you are basically towed in pairs, one each side of the rope holding on to a bar as if you were waterskiing - great fun. You have to walk the last wee bit to the bottom of the Kapellenbahn chair though it's not far.

The skiweg down is a doddle.

Always found good food at the Pinzgauer hutte, it is a new building maybe only 5 or so years old but built in a traditional style, not sure if it replaced something older? It has rooms that you can stay in.

Link http://www.sbg.at/pinzgauer-huette/

When are you in Zell? we're there from 16th - 31st?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We're there from Monday to Sunday, so coming home late Sunday 18th. Fancy a mini snowHead meet (either on skis or with beer in hand)?

D
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Deliaskis,

Been there in 2006. Well worth a look
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Deliaskis, Sure snowHead

We don't arrive until about six on the Friday night so what about a beer on the Saturday? We will be shopping first thing as we are self catering but will head up late morning.

This holiday is my comeback following an accident and ACL repair last year. So I plan to spend my time on the Saturday just cruising up and down the panorama blue and getting the 'feel' back again. So, what about either lunchtime at the Glocknerhaus or apres at Mittelstation? Failing that we can meet in town later?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
robboj, OK lunch at Glockner it is. Will pm you.

Lots of +ve vibes for a nice cruisy first trip back!

D
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Deliaskis, well worth going to, and the ski tow back is fun. On the way, you need to keep your speed up....possible skate the flat bits, otherwise you have an uphill walk at the end (not too bad).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Deliaskis, Thanks D, have replied, see you there and thanks for the +vibes!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Forgot to say thanks for replies all, we will seek it out!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've been there too! easy to get to and great fun being towed back! food was nice, have fun Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Word of advice - it gets very busy over lunchtime, so best time to go is after the 12 to 1 rush, so you don't have to fight for a table or a tow back!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A few photos from my recent trip to Zell including one of Pinzgauer hutte:

http://www.jerrywalsh.org/Photos-from-my-xmas-snowboard-trip-to-Zell-Am-See-Austria-2009-44.html
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
alicia, Great photos, thanks for sharing them with us Smile

BTW why do you call Breiteck "Gunters Hutte" ?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Too many " Gluwein"..thanks it has been fixed now !!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for further replies all and thanks alicia for sharing photos.

Packing this weekend, flying out Monday.

Seeya Saturday robboj!
D
ski holidays
Deliaskis, How did your trip go ? We hope to go back to Zell in February 16th, will it be busy then do you think ?
snow report
alicia, we had a lovely time thanks, although despite all the advice, we never made it to the Pinzgauer Hut!

Great snow all week - only a bit of new stuff but it was really cold so all of the Christmas/New Year snow was still in great nick. 4 sunny days, one white out and one just a bit cloudy, so pretty good overall.

I did a mini trip report that hardly anyone read Sad a bit further down the page!

I would think it will be quite a bit busier on the mountain in Feb with it being high season, but a lot of people said that town was pretty quiet as the credit crunched were staying home to eat/drink, and that might continue in Feb.

Hopefully you'll have plenty of new snow before then as well... snowHead

D
snow report
Deliaskis , I could not find your mini trip report , I would like to read it., and one more question ..I could not get 130 cm skis at Xmas he said they would be kid's skis', and would it make a difference if they were ? because I felt I definitely skied better last year and I actually think they were kid's skis !!!
snow conditions
alicia, it's here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=47987

I can't answer your short/kid's ski question I'm sorry, hopefully someone else will, or try asking in 'Equipment'.

Happy sliding snowHead
D
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy