Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SKI BOOT WEIGHTS FOR LUGGAGE

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
papasmurf, Some hotels supply them (The Brau in Zell am Ziller did last year), but most I have been to don't.

It hardly weighs anything anyhow.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
alex_heney wrote:
It hardly weighs anything anyhow.

Anyone who sees a man in a thread bare dressing gown wondering round their hotel remember to say Hi to Alex Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Libertine,

Can't you weigh them?

I've just weighed my boots, they are 2.5 kg each. I want to carry mine as hand luggage.

The weight of the boots shouldn't be the issue because they should be the most important piece of your skiing equipment. It's the weight of the rest of your luggage that you should be checking.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
papasmurf, you are assuming alex_heney is always in the same room as his normal clothes in the middle of the night...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OK, i have packed my case and with boots and worldly possssions for a week................................................................. 14kgs Very Happy fanfare please Very Happy

boots seemed to weigh 4kg for pair which was ok
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Libertine, well done, what sort of liquor are you planning to take up the rest of the allowance with?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
comprex, good point....... 1 kg's worth.` Very Happy Toofy Grin
snow report
 monster77
monster77
kitenski wrote:
Spyderman wrote:
kitenski wrote:
Bob wrote:
After several attemps I've got my packing with boots to just under Ryanairs 15kg limit. Packing Tecnica Diablo, 5Kg, into DAkine 100ltr roller bag . However it means that my jacket, ski,pants , gloves go into the ski bag. walkie talkies, goggles scarf, sunnies go into rucksack hand luggage.

I don't think walkie talkies are allowed in hand luggage......

I've always put 2-way radios in hand baggage. I've flown with Easyjet, BA & Air Canada with them, through Calgary, Geneva, Lyon, Heathrow, Luton, Toronto, Gatwick. Never had any issues with security in carrying them. Puzzled

I had a friend who got his confiscated at Geneva security......

I once went through Geneva airport with a pair of radios, these were taken off me and placed in a bag, carried in the cockpit and returned to me at Luton. I was flying with sleazyJet. I quess the problem is that you can transmit on various frequencies and possibly cause interference to some flightdeck equipment
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The airports should have a standardised list so we all know what will be accepted in hand luggage at security rather than trying to guess. It all seems rather random what they will stop you for - ski boots, helmets, radios.

I think I've mentioned on here before that I've been stopped for having a 1 1/2" long carabiner on my bag at Basel security!! I'm still none the wiser as to what I could have done with it that was wrong.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy