Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The world's oldest boarder

Poster: A snowHead
I'm 53 and have been boarding about 5 years. Not brill at it but I enjoy switching from the skis from time to time which is what counts.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I met an instructor at the Southampton ski slope who had taught an 80 year old beginner to snowboard. I bet he was better than me, too. No way I'm going out on a board until there's lots of nice new soft snow, which probably won't be before mid March...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, maybe sooner than that wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Guy in my gym goes out to Canada every year with his wife. Both of them snowboarders. He's 63 and she's 61. I've seen some vids that they lent me - expected it to be really sedate "mooching about on a board" but they both really go for it. They have some spectacular wipeouts as well.
He's also lent me vids of them mountain biking in the Alps in the summer! If i can get to 63 and still be doing that kind of stuff, i'll be well happy!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
we have a guy in sno-age ltd who is 66 this year
he puts some of the younger members to shame,he is fit
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just seen I've been mentioned earlier I think I'm the oldest girlie at 63 here is me in the pow at Montgenevre last year.
Have fun...you've all got years left you lucky things!

http://youtube.com/v/eHZy_M08aRo

Jenny Cruse snowboarding
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Crusey, sweet Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I must be the oldest learner? I just spent the week over Xmas learning to Board, and I'm 43.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm 40 in 10 weeks time Confused

Wife's 44, and been boarding since the mid 90's with scars on both knees and shoulders where she's been put back together a few times Laughing

Neither of us have ever been on skis, and don't intend to regardless of age.

Here in NZ, once you hit 70, you get a free season pass. I'm hanging in there for one of those Cool

Where I used to live there's a group of old boys/girls in their 70's and 80's who still surf whenever it gets good, a few are a bit podgy and not that flash, but most of them still kill it in decent waves. To the point that a mere youngster like me, who has been surfing for 25 years, was regularly hassled off waves and out paddled by them. Must be a pretty good life, getting a pension and hanging out at the beach all day in summer.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kiwi, I once met a woman at Mt. Baker back in 2005 who was learning to board at the age of 73. She'd ski'd all her life and just fancied giving it a go as she thought it looked 'so graceful'.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Richard - she sounds very cool! Sadly I'm pretty sure I looked anything BUT 'graceful' on a Board! rolling eyes Maybe by the time I'm 73... Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We stayed in a chalet in Tignes about 4 years ago and met a guy called Les from Carlisle. He was 72 and out boarding every day. Laughing Laughing Laughing

He told us that he had recently moved into sheltered accomodation. He informed the warden that he wouldn't be around the following week because of his holiday. They asked where he was going and he told them "SNOWBOARDING" Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley . They thought he was kidding of course. wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've only done a few hours myself at 41, did a couple of hours yesterday at Hemel and there was a woman who was defo much more than 50 Skullie shredding the hill like a 20 year old Twisted Evil
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I must be the oldest learner? I just spent the week over Xmas learning to Board, and I'm 43.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm 20 years older, you're nowhere near. I'm nowhere near either; I met a guy, an instructor, at southampton ski slope who had taught an 80 year old to board.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A friend's dad boards at 75!
latest report
I like this thread. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Hey im 35 female only started boarding this year love it, heading to Austria at Christmas, wondered was there many other 30 something female boarders? Puzzled
snow report
Thought I was a bit old for boarding at 33! It turns out I am a mere pup, which is a shame as blaming my inability to ride switch on age now doesn't stand up. Definately like the Boarders Vets Club, bulk buy deals in Sanatogen and the luxury of complaining about young people in a sympathetic environment. Can I reserve a spot for 2017?

CFP
snow report
Hi there let s just say im in my 40s. Took up boarding jan 2010. First lesson 9am heel edge. 2nd lesson same day 3pm toe edge. I practiced obsessively for weeks on end. Took 3rd lesson 4 weeks later got turns linked and now able to s competently. I was determinned to get off nursery slopes:) this season I am aiming for switch to same level. I absolutely love boarding I now live and breathe it. I have an ordinary mid flex board and get on great with it. I ve done powder walking up hill when not at slopes. :s
latest report
Hey, snowflo. Sorry, 40's just ain't cutting it no more, the old people have upped the ante wink

Glad the mistress has you in her embrace. Be prepared to lose the friends that don't get it NehNeh

And, welcome to snowHeads Toofy Grin
snow report
BCjohnny wrote:
Hey, snowflo. Sorry, 40's just ain't cutting it no more, the old people have upped the ante wink

Glad the mistress has you in her embrace. Be prepared to lose the friends that don't get it NehNeh

And, welcome to snowHeads Toofy Grin
Hi bcjohnny im glad 40s aint cutting it no more makes me feel like a youth:) thanks for your welcome. .had some strange looks from guys in shop I bought board from when I aske for mid or stiff board. They asked how experienced I was I told them been on hire board 3 times. They kept pushing really flexy boards at me. I went to leave shop and they finally sold me what I wanted. Sweet justice arrived one day when one of em at shop saw me bombing s shapes down slope. Im not fastest by no means but determined Smile
latest report
I was 55 1/2 when I first fell off a board.
I did manage a very slow falling leaf(?) after an hour or so, but only backwards.
Going forwards seems so weird.
Is it just me??
ski holidays
tafflondon wrote:
I was 55 1/2 when I first fell off a board.
I did manage a very slow falling leaf(?) after an hour or so, but only backwards.
Going forwards seems so weird.
Is it just me??
Do you mean you were toe edgeing a falling leaf and thats how you were backwards?
snow report
Just thought I would add my tuppence ( to the young pups, this is old money) worth. I'm 48 and have never skied or boarded before, until Feb this year. I'm now hooked on boarding. LOVE IT Toofy Grin . Doing pretty good with the basics, even tried a bit of freestyle the other night at Xscape. Not quite got the hang of the jumps but working on it. Managed a 50/50 grind Puzzled !!!!!!!!!!. The way I look at it. Age is not important, if you want to try it, do it. To all you lucky sods that live in the mountains. I AM SOoooo JEALOUS, I hate yous Twisted Evil ( just kidding Smile ). as it say's at the bottom LIVE LIFE.
snow conditions
Hi breakdown seems you picked up boarding pretty quick well done. Its always inspiring to read peoples enthusiam and love of the sport. Do you have your own board n stuff now ?
snow report
Hi Snowflo, Not got my own gear yet, but starting to look into it. Took lessons at Xscape and also in France ( La Rosiere )when I went on holiday in March, been to Xscape as much as I can. Just tried to get as much time on a board as I could. I thought at first I wasn't going to get it Sad , but then it just seemed to all come together Very Happy . Can't wait for the winter, hope we get as much snow as last year,I'm planning a trip to Aviemore in Feb so the fingers ( and toes ) are crossed
ski holidays
I'm 47 and loving it !! It's that time of year now when I start looking for a new board even if I don't need one !!!!
ski holidays
Just amazed at how many of us there are.

I'm set for another 3 weeks in Tignes this winter, starting with a week at New Year for the party and that's only 15 weeks away!!

I was getting a bit carried away with myself this year and doing some seriously lairy stuff. Should I rein myself in and have a little chat with myself about how old I am? I'm sure there's plenty of years for such a chat.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi barshaker do you mean pushing your skill levels to doing some scary tricks etc when you say lairy ? If so keep at it. .never too old. .if you enjoy it why not. .I fully intend to do some scary stuff but cant really see me doing somersaults yet. .hmmm. .ever. .although I managed one by accident. .not quite a safe landing either but it was fun. . . . Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy