Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The world's oldest boarder

Poster: A snowHead
Is it me at 45?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bar shaker, nah there are some older duffers on here that board!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No, I'm 45 1/3, and Masque is older, though a touch cagey, and not sure if he boards now.

John.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BCjohnny, boarder first and always, but I've grown to enjoy lots of different ways of sliding down the hill. I like to wake in the morning, look at the hill and decide what sort of day it's gonna be and what tool to use. . balls to the wall skiing an icy piste or powdering my plums boarding off it . . . and for the record, 56 this year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masque, not long until those cheap lift passes then wink I am the grey-est Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rayscoops, Just For Men wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DebbiDoesSnow, but I am a boyo wink you know what they say 'once grey - they will never stray' !! Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You valley boys Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DebbiDoesSnow, wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Masque wrote:
BCjohnny, boarder first and always, but I've grown to enjoy lots of different ways of sliding down the hill. I like to wake in the morning, look at the hill and decide what sort of day it's gonna be and what tool to use. . balls to the wall skiing an icy piste or powdering my plums boarding off it . . . and for the record, 56 this year.

I knew they'd find a big enough chainsaw someday Laughing

Didn't quite start on a board, but twelve days in I found my altar...........................

John.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BCjohnny wrote:
I knew they'd find a big enough chainsaw someday Laughing

that's what I need for a haircut Toofy Grin Thought the beard has just started turning a bit pale Sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
http://www.adventure-sports.co.uk/wakeboarding/

Check out these two, Lester is 57 and Jenny 61. They are both serious wakeboard instructors and freeride snowboarders.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'll be 50 this year!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You're only as old as the woman you feel............................

John.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sat 10-01-09 6:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
LOL at you lot and very reassuring.

I'm 46 in March and whilst my mates are all quite a bit younger, plus I see the world through 25 year old eyes, I was the oldest boarder in Cham by a looooong way.

I don't grow designer stubble any more as its 50% grey and my hair is a number 1 or 2, which hides the grey nicely.

Still fit though and still love ripping it up on a board, especially if there's a bit of powder to be had.

I may put skis on again one day, but I just feel much too young for them. (blue touch paper lit... retires to safe distance)

Is it really a whole seven weeks until I am on the mountains again? I am wasted back at work, all I can think about is riding a board again. Perhaps we should start a Boarding Vets Club.
snow report
bar shaker wrote:
Perhaps we should start a Boarding Vets Club.

I'm 46 this year, and still feel as if I'm a young upstart having only boarded 15 years or so. There are probably 40 year olds who've done more seasons on a board than I've had weeks boarding. So, one should be careful to distinguish between age and experience.
snow report
ssnowman wrote:
I'll be 50 this year!

Me too Very Happy

Only 15 more years til retirement Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
bar shaker wrote:
my hair is a number 1 or 2

What are you, some kind of nancy boy? Laughing

Comb off the leccy razor, beard, neck, head. Repeat process when missus says "ain't it about time you had a shave, I can see the tide mark". Don't (blade) shave though, turns me into a spotty oik.

Can't claim to act 25 though no more, just about up to my waist size.

John.
ski holidays
bar shaker wrote:

Sounds good too me, where would you put the minimum age? 40?

John.
ski holidays
BCjohnny wrote:
bar shaker wrote:

John.

i'm old enough, but i'm not a vet, can i join?
snow report
rogg wrote:
BCjohnny wrote:
bar shaker wrote:

John.

i'm old enough, but i'm not a vet, can i join?

Sounds like your idea may be "snowballing", bar shaker..........................

John.
ski holidays
rolling eyes The Ancient Order of Hillfrogs
snow report
BCjohnny, i just did a google search on "snowballing". amazing what videos the internet has Laughing
ski holidays
I believe Pam W took up boarding upon her retirement at 60, which makes you lot mere infants.
snow report
I'm 19 NehNeh
ski holidays
We had a pair of sixty-something ladies staying when we worked in a chalet in Courchevel. Grandson had bought one of them a full set of Burton baggies and reflective goggles for Christmas, so she thought she had better get a snowboard to match. Her friend was a hesitant skier, clad in a tight turquoise one-piece straight out of the 80s. They spent most of the week lying on the nursery slope giggling, and it was wonderful to see!
snow report
Quote:

I believe Pam W took up boarding upon her retirement at 60, which makes you lot mere infants.

That's true, but I'm rubbish!
ski holidays
Jode_123 wrote:
I'm 19 NehNeh

Go away and play with your friends then, sonny. I've got a budgie older than you.............

Seriously though, be nice to welcome you into the "club". Only 21 years to go. That's a lot of pain to get through...........

John.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mountainbug, Thats why i love snowboarding Cool
snow conditions
I don't see many boarders who look as if they are older than me (60 this year). Trouble is I'm rubbish and have a list of injuries to prove it, but I have still bought myself a new board this year in the misplaced hope that better kit will make me a better boarder...
Though I do like that idea of a Boarder Vets Club - bar shaker for President.
snow conditions
Almost the only thing that's stopping me learning how to board at my advanced age, is the fact that I haven't yet learned how to ski! There's not much point in doing both things incompetently. Embarassed
latest report
Hurtle, oh yes there is! we're mostly out there to enjoy the view and the feeling of freedom, no? i belong to the "i'm rubbish and i don't care" school of thought. wink

and yes, i'm aware of the irony in that comment since i changed my signature Embarassed
latest report
sherlock235, mmm, I know what you mean, but I think you can enjoy the view more and feel more free when you're skimming along nicely, as opposed to doing faceplants every 10 yards. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Hurtle, Laughing but my other signature is "er, ok. so if i'm finally getting better at this whole snowboarding lark... why do i still face/bum plant??!!" so take it from there.

back on topic: i'm 36 biologically, so can't get into the animal doctors' group for another few years. mental age? ~stroppy 16?
snow report
Hurtle, faceplanting on a regular basis is keeping the wrinkles at bay - its a cheap alternative to a face lift Laughing
snow conditions
sherlock235, DebbiDoesSnow, Laughing
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
Almost the only thing that's stopping me learning how to board at my advanced age, is the fact that I haven't yet learned how to ski! There's not much point in doing both things incompetently. Embarassed

Isn't there?

Oh.

Sad
latest report
Quote:

Go away and play with your friends then, sonny. I've got a budgie older than you.............

BCjohnny, no need for that Sad
snow report
There is a chap called Len who goes to MK, he was 60 odd about 5 years ago, so may be pushing 70 now.

We stayed in the same chalet as him in L2A and he did his back in jumoing of a big kicker in the park!!!
snow report
Jode_123 wrote:
Quote:

BCjohnny, no need for that Sad

You know I'm only kidding mate..................

Enjoy every minute of every chance you get on the snow.

John.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy