Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tuition in Soll?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Happy New Year everybody...

Never been to Soll before (nor Austria for that matter - Embarassed but soon to be corrected)

Any suugestion on tuition welcome - undecided on ski school versus private. Need a variety of solutions for a big group ranging from beginners to ok intermediates and both skiers and snowboarders...Any help appreciated. snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There seem to be two ski schools directly in Söll, see http://www.wilderkaiser.info/de/skischulen.html. I cannot say whether one or the other is better or better value for money; perhaps someone who as used them might comment.

Ski school or private (I presume you mean private instruction from a ski school, not do-it-yourself) is partly a question of price. Private, or small private groups, 2-4, is probably optimal, for the teaching will be directly aimed at you. But if that option is too expensive, you will have to distribute your group over a number of appropriate ski school classes. If possible, you should try to confirm that ski school classes aren't going to be too big. I think 8 is about a maximum. I saw one group with 14 yesterday - ugh Crying or Very sad The 14th in line hasn't much chance to learn much from the instructor, not to mention the time you'll spend standing around when doing individual exercises. If you have a large group with enough skiers/boarders at about the same standard, you might try to get the ski school to do special groups for you at a better price (ask both schools, perhaps by phone in advance). However, you may find that classes are bigger, perhaps depending on the time of year, and have to lump it, if there is no option. Should still be better than nothing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
we're trying out the group skischule classes and shared blacksheepski lessons in soll later this month, so if you're going in Feb or later, shall be able update if it's any use..
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks to you both - I've had both good and bad experiences with groups and privates so hoping someone would know some names...

Would definitely appreciate a view from awol, - though we are going half term and hence may need to sort it out now.

snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No personal experience of tuition there I'm afraid but we had three beginners with us last year in Soll and they had tuition with the Blacksheepski school and were very happy, especially as the lessons were quite flexible for them timewise as it suited - although it was not at half term and I would imagine that would be their busy time so maybe not so flexible. A guy we met there had gone for an advanced lesson in Kitzbuhel with the guy who runs Blacksheepski and was well impressed. Probably good value if you can get four or more to a lesson. We learned to ski years ago in Ski School but I think if I had to do it again I would rather have a private group lesson, as like espri says there were too many in our group for the tuition to be very effective.

I would recommend trying to sort it out soon as, especially as it's a big group.

Hope this helps Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
no problem, I'm there next week, so i'll file 18th latest
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok, Skischule guys have struck my group (six of us doing them, in different levels) as really good instructors: mixing up drills on easy slopes with touring the harder runs a bit, rather the 'follow the leader` classes I suffered in France last year. But it did take the first hour of the first day to "grade" us and although I managed to find myself yesterday in a class of 3 (which meant we did a tricky run I wouldn't have dared on my own between the drills on the easier slopes), most have been in classes of 9 - 12.

Reckon if you're just looking to find your ski legs and get the feel of the area/ have some company the skischule is fine. Think shared private lessons with them if you can get the numbers from your group might cut out the faffing about.

(The half day classes alternate mornings afternoons btw , ie you'd ski Sunday morning, Monday pm, Tuesday am, or vice versa.)

On the other hand, a two person shared lesson with Blacksheepski was in a different class. Absolutely brilliant: learnt more in a shared two hour class than I did in a full week of EDF lessons last year. Unfortunately couldn't afford them for more than two days (minimum class is two hours). Hope this helps
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We had group lessons from skischule soell 2 years ago and our instructor was excellent. The lessons were for all day 10.00 til 1.00 and then 2.00 til 4.00. This usually meant we had "exercises" in the morning and then our instructor guided us around the slopes in the afternoon.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy