Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler adopts no-go zones

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Snowboarders cross the ski area boundary on Whistler mountain (JONATHAN HAYWARD/THE CANADIAN PRESS)
The Whistler Blackcomb resort is enforcing a zero-tolerance policy for skiers and snowboarders who go into off-limit areas. It has vowed to kick anyone off the mountain and void expensive season passes, if they venture into unmarked areas. The move has come after two men recently died in separate avalanches in a 24-hour period. Both victims had been on runs marked off-limits due to a high avalanche hazard. ...The avalanches that killed the men were believed to have been caused by the victims.

The resort has also stopped allowing riders to use the mountains' lifts for access to back-country trails.

Despite the new rules, yesterday, three skiers and a boarder were spotted ducking under a sign roping off an out-of-bounds area on Grouse Mountain, another popular local ski and snowboarding area. Apparently, the group was warned not to go into the avalanche-prone area by a ski patrol member, but took no notice. Search-and-rescue personnel guided the four men back out; they will now be banned for life from skiing on the mountain and their names will be circulated to other resorts.

Source: http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/561196
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well done Whistler - they have my support!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This would appear to be Darwinian selection in progress....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Now they just have to stop their lift towers collapsing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
to respect limits it´s a sort of care Little Angel
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Before this degenerates into yet another totally ill informed diatribe about exactly what 'off limits' and 'out of bounds' is here is Whistler's own page

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/mountain/safety/signage/index.htm

(Very very clear - no reason at all to be confused, how many other places make it this clear?)

Out of bounds is perfectly OK - you need to understand that *you are on your own* though.

Closed is NOT OK and never has been.

The incident at Grouse is more complex as it's private (not Crown) land and the policy is different. The story has been totally confused by the press and other bar experts - if you are really interested this is about the best information you will find http://www.northshorerescue.com/blog/2009/01/four-rescued-on-grouse-mountain.html

Anyone know of a page as clear as Whistlers regarding the rules in the French Alps resorts?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ryan wrote:
the rules in the French Alps resorts?

does
not
compute
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ryan, welcome to snowHeads.

There are rules at French resorts? The only rule I've seen at a French resort is that there are some protected nature zones that you are not allowed to ski into without obtaining a permit (which you can do by attending a short training course). Otherwise do exactly as you want, at your own risk.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
LOL - same goes for driving on the roads as far as I can tell!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bump

Anyone know what happened to the 4 riders in the end? The NSR blog was closed, and before I waste a volunteers time by emailing an enquiry I'ld be interested in any updates snowHeads know.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

There are rules at French resorts? The only rule I've seen at a French resort is that there are some protected nature zones that you are not allowed to ski into without obtaining a permit (which you can do by attending a short training course). Otherwise do exactly as you want, at your own risk.

5pm the other evening myself and 2 others were chased off the GM area, we were op (just below the glacier on the front face of GM) but within what you might regard as the 'ski area'. The patrol were quite happy when we traversed under the top of bubble, down a bit of the Chamois and into the Pendant Bowl with the declared intent of skiing to Le Lavencher, despite the fact we could easily have skied back onto the pistes in the area of the return chair from the Pendant they clearly regarded us as outside their responsibility once we crossed the 'partially roped off' entry into the Pendant.

PS it was a top (if slightly ski base unfriendly) run down snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy