Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Combo sports

Poster: A snowHead
OK, today's the day: I've been skiing in the morning, I'll be playing cricket in the afternoon.

(Admittedly, both are indoor activities)

Anyone else put together any apparently contradictory same-day combinations?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The most ridiculous I've achieved was ice hockey (it wasn't supposed to be ice hockey - just the field was a little too hard for a serious game of hockey and we were playing on grass rather than astro) followed by windsurfing.

It was bloody chilly when we were windsurfing though! Both were outdoors when I was at school a number of years ago (I think they called it "character-building" back then).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sitting in an outdoor pool overlooking the ski slope you've just come must rank fairly high up there. The snow settling on your head is just a bonus.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
One February a couple of years back, I had been skiing at Mammoth in California in the morning, left at lunchtime and drove to Furnace Creek Ranch in Death Valley, so by early evening I was in the outdoor pool with temperatures in the mid 70s Fahrenheit - quite a contrast in one day! Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In Kimberly we had a hot tub about 3 feet from the bottom of the piste - quite surreal to be sitting in water and feeling far too hot when there are people schussing up and taking their skis off within splashing distance.

Otherwise in NZ I skied one day then played golf (admittedly only crazy golf!!) late in the afternoon.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A couple of years ago I was staying in Schladming, in August. We skiied the glacier in the morning and went white water rafting after lunch.

Not too disimilar I suppose Confused
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah, I've done the hot-tub thing as well: In fact I've probably been in the same hot-tub at Kimberley. - There's also one at Panorama that's within spitting distance of the slopes.

My best hot-tub experience was in Japan, where they piped up the water from the natural hot springs to a tub on the roof of the hotel: there was an outdoor hot tub where we got the authentic snow-in-the-hair experuience, and an indoor bath about half the size of an Olympic swimming pool (but shallow) in which I had a surreal conversation with an octogenarian Japanese gentleman ("Ah, you play ski. I play ballroom dancing")
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Um, I guess playing hot-tub volleyball after skiing.
OK, it wasn't outdoor tubs, but it was a "different" sport.
You take two hot tubs 2-3metres apart, one light football, and five or six people in each team. You need to get the ball into the other team's water. Only allowed three touches on each side, and everyone must be in their own tub.
After that, it's a matter of not knocking over your opponent's beer.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hmm, one thing I keep wanting to do is to ski down a blue run, a few yards from a friend, both of us holding tennis racquets, trying to volley a tennis ball from one to the other. I wonder how many volleys we'd manage before we lose the ball or crash. Trouble is, I haven't yet found a friend who likes both skiing and tennis (my only two sports where I'm any good).

Before I get slated for being irresponsible, of course we'd only do this on a pretty empty run. The danger of running into others would be pretty high otherwise.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'll give you a game of piste tennis Cedric - its an interesting concept!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
WHY? Confused
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
WHY NOT? Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Maybe this is the place to sort out unfortunate friend's problem.
Mum and teenage kids love skiing. Dad buggared up knee playing rugby and won't ski, but does enjoy golf. Is there a resort that would allow him to play golf while rest of family go skiing?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jonpim, yes - Aviemore. Dalfaber is a small "village resort" just on the edge of the town. It has a decent nine hole course that's free for people staying there, and it's only about 20 minutes to the mountain. Stayed there at the beginning of Feb - very pleasant. Golf course was covered in snow, but that's rare. Obviously they have the winter greens on at the moment, but it's probably your best bet...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jonpim - yes again - Heavenly for skiing and courses around Reno for golf. Done it; one of the courses was brilliant but cann't remember its name.
ski holidays
Lorraine - didn't you say there was a golf course close to the Hintertux glacier?
latest report
Played a Masters golf course in the morning and had my only ever attempt at snowboarding in the evening. Both out doors and both adding to the suntan !
...the boarding was, however, on a sand dune.... rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy