Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix Le pass and Les Houches lift passes and areas?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm organising a ski trip to Chamonix for 6 lads, all of us are 18/19. 4 of us have skied 2/3 times before and are pretty confident skiers and will attempt anything thrown at us, and the other 2 have never skied before.

So after looking at both Chamonix passes I thought a lot of what the unlimited pass offers over the basic is more advanced skiing, and more off piste stuff. Would i be right in thinking this? We're trying to keep in mind the two that haven't skied before!

I went to Chamonix last year and we did 3 days in Les Houches, i thought it was a great little area but I understand that we can't ski Les Houches with a chamonix pass this season, so we're now thinking of getting a 2 day pass to Les Houches and a 5 day pack chamonix Le Pass. we're skiing 7 days in total. Can anyone give me a bit of info as to how the "ski packs" work, it sounds good because we wouldn't have to ski 5 consecutive days and could then fit the 2 days of Les Houches in anytime we want. Do you still get an electronic card thing and do you have to know which days you want to ski before hand? Is it best to Book the passes online?

Any ideas, thoughts or advice would be much appreciated as to the best way to split ourselves between the Chamonix Le Pass area and Les Houches with the lift passes and the best areas to go where the 4 of us can ski hard and leave the other 2 finding their feet?!?

Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Unless your staying in Les Houches I would'nt bother going down there! If the 'other two' really have'nt skied anything before I'd have a day at Planards (by the train station), 17euros for the day pass (against 38.50euros for any other area in Chamonix) which has 2 green, a blue and a red (so you can gauge where in the valley is suitable for them) and close to the town incase of any accidents, arguments or you just want a pint!
I then usually just buy passes by the day, that way your not wasting money on days you would rather walk round the town and have a beer here or there instead of going up in white out conditions. As long as it's not Feb you wont wait more than 5mins for the cashier!

Finally for a mixed group Le Tour is always the best choice, I found Flegere good for my family however I do think it's a bit of a waste of money if you just stay on the greens up there!

Enjoy it, you'll be back for a season soon!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
avalon42, I also enjoyed les Houches and would go back for a day if I was in Chamonix. Second manicpb, about la tour being good for mixed groups. If you go to Le Tour and your 2 friends are total beginners, they might be best using the 3 drag lifts at the bottom of the Gondola. Mainly green runs and a blue run to one side. You dont need a full pass to ski there so its a cheap ticket. If they plan on getting the gondola up to the main slopes to ski or meet up for lunch they may as well get a full day pass.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
avalon42, the MB Unlimited really only adds the top of the Grands Montets and the Aiguille du Midii doubt you;d get any benefit from those - nor from the Courmayeur day included.

But it does, apparently, get you a day in Les Houches (yes, all lifts but you have to buy it at the Prarion cash desk). We ski LHs quite often - mixed groups, in poor weather (there is very little tree cover at La Tour) or when we want a better lunch. Or just when we want quiet on a powder day. The CMB and SEPP sites have all the prices so you can compare - non-consecutive passes are more expensive - but you can get afternoon or 4 hour passes which might save you money if you aren't skiing 09h00-16h30...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name, thanks thats what we thought, we definitely won't get the unlimited pass for chamonix now. So if we go to the Prarion station do we have to ask for a certain deal or ski pack with the days skiing in Les Houches?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy