Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance for under 18's travelling alone

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm going to Pas de la Casa in Andorra for a weeks skiing in February. Everything has now been booked except insurance which proving to be a bit of a problem.

I'm going with 4 other guys and we are all under 18. The problem is I'm struggling to find anyone who will insure me comprehensively (off piste cover etc.) without having an adult in our party.

If anyone can suggest an insurer who may help, or offer any advice that would be great.

Jim
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SlimJim0001, Endsleigh? Give 'em a shot.

Also, props to your parents for letting you lose in Pas with 3 other dudes Cool
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SlimJim0001, have you tried snowcard ? You may need to actually call them up rather than use the internet because of the ages but they can probably find you a deal as a group
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try Ski Club of Great Britain. Be aware that quite a few travel policies don't cover off piste, no matter how aged you are.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cheers guys.. Yeah every company I've tried so far has told me to ring them and then when I finally get through they say they have to speak to my parents Mad

Snowcard looked good because of the full off-piste cover. Any idea on prices for their full cover (inc cancelation etc)?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SlimJim0001, they've always been very competative when compared to similar quotes I've had in the past however I'm not sure what it's likely to be for yourselves, one year I even spoke to the owner as no one else was in the office Shocked Laughing

Realistically you should probably be looking at £35 to £45 per head depending on weather you plan to ski or snowboard but there may be a premium on top because of the age issue, also you may need to arrange that other party members can contact parents/guardians in the event of medical treatment being required or perhaps sort out some sort of legal document that will let this occur Confused
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I remember being under 18 as its only 4 years ago, it is impossible to do anything!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cheers D G Orf, I'll look into that. Thanks Pam... the ski club seemed to let me book as just a child and covered me for off-piste. I'll have to trawl through the small print now but they were quoting about £30.

Yeah... it's been a bit of a nightmare sorting everything out for under 18's but it should defo be worth it Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

they were quoting about £30.

don't economise on insurance. £30 is the price of two fairly meagre lunches on the slopes!

(Snowheads is just like having lots of parents, you see!)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SlimJim0001, Try http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/ski-insurance.aspx I'm sure they will quote you, I believe they use the adult rate with an endorsement on the policy that you are a child travelling alone.

I have used them for years for my family annual policy.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry that this is megga late buu foudn it in google
Who did you book your holiday withh?
Did you not need anyone in your party to be 18n or over?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i did exactly the same ad you, me and 4 mates whent to pas when we were 17, youll have a blast, enjoy!!! oh, dont think i bothered with insurance... Puzzled
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My family policy was with Direct Travel, and the policy allowed my then teenage sons to travel without us. It was about £60 for an annual policy for two adults and two children and included ski cover.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How are you booking your holidays without anyone over 18????
PLEASE HELP!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rhysjones_1, it's unlikely you'll be able to use a UK tour operator.
latest report
How else can you do it? :S
ski holidays
rhysjones_1, you can fly unaccompanied from the age of 14 , or get a train. Find your own accommodation in a youth hostel/UCPA.
snow report
you can do it, you just need a letter of consent off your parents. Or that was the case 7 years ago when i was 17.... is it really that long ago??? time fly's when your having fun.
ski holidays
oh and if this helps i think this is who i booked with Courtney Air Savers. 1 / 3 Westgate, Guisborough, CLEVELAND TS14 6BG. p: 0191 2322777. http://www.air-savers.co.uk

as if i can still remember after moving 300 miles away
ski holidays
SlimJim0001, Flying or travelling by any means really is not a problem these days. My friends kids do it all the time coming home from school to the alps for the holidays. Like bookham_mat, says, just have parents write a letter of consent and put unaccompanied minor on the booking details. Sorry until you are 18 years old you are a minor even if you look like an adult.

Insurance wise, if you can get a Carte Neige/carrie neige online then that is the best insurance for your skiing on or off piste and cheap or check if you can get it with your lift pass, there might be something similar where you are going. Then just use the travel insurance that comes with the credit card booking for the rest, normally it is free so will keep the costs down. Check out my les arcs facebook group page for the links.

rhysjones_1, best way is to do it online and be careful how you answer the questions or get parents to book a self catering place in a resort or youth hostel or shared chalet. Then the ski pass, travel etc are easy. There are loads of people under 18 that come to hang out in les arcs as there is a great scene for them off the snow as well as on it. I know a few basic apartments that are rented out short or long term during the winter. Send me a PM if you need the contacts. Doing it yourself really is easy and not any more expensive, you might even save money.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy