Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Your ideas for Policing / Improving the pistes/resorts to cut down on death.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
queen bodecia wrote:
I don't see how confiscating lift passes would work. What's to stop the offender buying another lift pass or even worse stealing one...?

They cost money.

There is nothing to stop him buying another one, but the thought of losing it and having to pay yet again may well act as a deterrent to skiing that way again.

Quote:

Overcrowded pistes seem to be a real issue. Why do so many people insist on holidaying during school holidays? Surely only families with school age children and teachers need to do this and they are heavily penalised in terms of cost. The rest of us have a choice when we go and I always choose quiet (and cheaper) weeks. Incidentally, in the days when I went on school ski trips these were always taken during term time...

I think the majority of people who have a choice do ski outside the peak periods, but not everyone has a choice. Christmas, New Year and Easter have some "built in" holiday for most people, so they can get a week off without using too much of their (usually limited) annual leave. And of course, a heck of a lot of people do have school age children.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stab wrote:
alex_heney wrote:
stab wrote:
Butterfly wrote:

Indeed. Perhaps what piste patrol there are could have the power to deactivate lift passes that are only reactivated when the skier/boarder goes to a nominated place where they receive a safety lecture (and which robs them of a bit of their time). Given that most are on electronic systems it would not be hard to come up with some way of effecting the deactivation on the spot. On a 2nd offence perhaps the pass could be deactivated for 24hrs. Sure they could just go buy a new one, but surely it'd be a deterrant for most?

doesnt work, my pass broke yesterday after the 1st lift, I stayed up the mountain the whole day without one ducking ropes and barriers. Not one person questioned me.

Obviously you are skiing one of the areas that hasn't moved into the 21st century yet then Smile

One important part of his post was "Given that most are on electronic systems", and yours can't be if you could do that. (unless you were skinning up of course).

ours is an electronic hands free system. There is a space to get your knees through the turnstiles, don't think it would work for skiers, failing that I duck them/climb over. It is my mountain after all Smile

I think I would class that as "ducking barriers" Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
alex_heney wrote:
I think I would class that as "ducking barriers" Smile

but if I attack from the side it's ducking ropes Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy