Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Why is it so uncool to wear sunglasses with a helmet?

Poster: A snowHead
just curious Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
they don't fit very well.
The arms on me atleast tend to cause discomfort behind mt ears.
Screws up the airflow and can force cold air into your eyes, drying them out, and causing fatigue Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
'cause you'll look like this gaper Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gaper gap = gap between top of sunnies & helmet Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon... skis in jeans wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I think he's got more to worry about than looking like a gaper wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spyderjon wrote:

spyderjon I think you should go back to wearing Spyder. Shocked Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mine fit fine with my helmet and I do NOT look like that photo!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Butterfly, That's spyderjon's new 'Urban look' wink Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spyderman, He always was the icon of cool. I just about get the knee-pads, but what is it with the cricket box?

snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I also regularly sport sunnies with a helmet and I don't even posses a 'cool' helmet. Though a purchase of one is currently on the 'must get one day, but can't justify at the moment while I've got one that fits' list.

I like the one Dogtag man is wearing actually - I bet that's a pricey number though
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spyderman, I shall ask him to pose in the gear when I go down there!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimottaret, God - another thing to worry about! Never crossed my mind...didn't realise it was such a fashion faux pas...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hold the phone......WHAT???!!!!!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
After hearing how the sister of a local I was talking to in Les Arcs managed to damage her face quite nicely in a fall due to wearing sunglasses, I think it seems a bit counterintuitive to wear them with a helmet...

Discuss wink Twisted Evil
snow conditions
My sunglasses fit ok when I'm wearing a helmet. As for looking cool who cares, I just avoid mirrors and never look at pictures of myself Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
mark_s wrote:
After hearing how the sister of a local I was talking to in Les Arcs managed to damage her face quite nicely in a fall due to wearing sunglasses, I think it seems a bit counterintuitive to wear them with a helmet...

Discuss wink Twisted Evil
I used to wear metal-framed sunglasses. After a collision -> black eye, I now wear plastic sunglasses. No problem.
snow conditions
My mother once (many years ago came off a small moped wearing an open face helmet and specs with plastic arms and metal screw - impact with road caused glasses to snap at joint with arm because the helmet stopped the arms being pushed completely off of her head - the arm then pushed in under her eyebrow and re-emerged just above it. Even now 10+ years on the eyebrow is slightly misaligned. She doubted the injury would have happened with a full face helmet (somewhat overkill on a Ladies Suzuki Love moped). mark_s, how far do we go with this. No option, but to wear a helmet on a M.bike. Should it be that if you wear sunnies you need a full face ski helmet Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil
snow report
BECAUSE YOU WILL LOOK LIKE AN ABSOLUTE GIMP!!!!!!
snow conditions
the_doc wrote:
BECAUSE YOU WILL LOOK LIKE AN ABSOLUTE GIMP!!!!!!

Exactly!

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Well, I think that people who cover up their entire faces when the sun's shining look pretty daft. But each to his own. (Actually, it's the helmet that makes me look like a gimp, or more accurately, like a mobile mushroom - I hate the damn thing. But I've decided I should wear one, so that's that.)
snow report
How is that snowblade suspended in mid air?? never seen anyone clip one to themselves! Also you shouldn't wear sunglasses with a helmet, because you will look like a tool

EDIT: Have to add, I do wear sunglasses with my helmet, and yes, I look like a tool

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 3-01-09 4:36; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Spent 2 weeks skiing in glorious spring sunshine on the slopes last season, would have looked very “uncool” in goggles, definite overkill; as for accidents wearing sunnies, sounds like that old story “and if they’d been wearing a seat belt...they would have died...” which was often quoted by the die-hard anti-seat belt brigade! wink

I can’t say I've seen many people wearing goggles in bright sunshine, with or without a helmet, as most people buy only one pair (usually for flat or dull light), if they aren’t reactolite, or have interchangeable lenses, they certainly won’t be protecting the eyes against glare! Shocked
latest report
the_doc, having just survived peak season week, I have to tell you that almost all holiday skiers look like complete gimps regardless of whet they're wearing. NehNeh
snow conditions
mark_s, isn't a bit strange that peeps put on a helmet to save their heads getting bashed in, the put tiny slithers of metal with glass stuck to it over their eyes? seems a bit like 'my head will be ok but I am happy to rigidly fix things under the helmet and over my eyes that may gouge them out when I fall or face plant Laughing
snow conditions
so wearing a helmet with goggles is cool, wearing sunglasses with a helmet is definately uncool? I still dont get why that is... a few have said cause they are uncomfortable or perhaps dangerous but does that make it uncool? Usually people who are safety concious or worried about comfort are labelled uncool...

do motorcyclists wear googles with helmets or goggles?
snow report
latest report
arv, Laughing not as much mud on piste, perhaps a better analogy is with bicycling

http://www.uploadandgo.com/images/cyclingchicks.jpg
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimottaret, different helmet, doesn't cover the ears... quite different style.

Goggles or nothing at all!!

snow conditions
rayscoops, indeed Laughing

sharon1953, the lens which came with my Adidas goggles works fine for pretty much any conditions (well, it worked fine at the EoSB Shocked). It may not be 'optimised' to all conditions, but I could ski fine (and not be blinded) regardless, so it's all good to me Smile
ski holidays
arv, cool photos but only wanna be "free riders" wear full face helmets (with stickers festooned everywhere) skiing, you usually see these gapers typically coming off red run chair lifts on seths with their beefy touring bindings talking about preparing to "huck" some cliffs as they cruise off barely able to parallel ski Laughing NehNeh Razz
snow report
skimottaret, I know exactly who you mean Laughing Good skiers wear full face helmets too.. Seth Morrison probably the most famous. Does CR wear one since his accident? I think so...

It does annoy me folks with Dukes that won't tour and full faces that won't ski trees/"huck".
ski holidays
anotherproblem wrote:
How is that snowblade suspended in mid air??.......

anotherproblem, with the gaper's favourite piece of equipment, the Ski Tote of course Toofy Grin
latest report
skimottaret wrote:
so wearing a helmet with goggles is cool, wearing sunglasses with a helmet is definately uncool? I still dont get why that is... ?

That's 'cause you're American wink Bet you don't get Clarkson's Cool Wall either? Laughing
snow report
spyderjon, ouch Laughing arv, okay, i give sunglasses and helmets aint cool... Cool my problem is that i have to wear a helmet all the time now and i will end up with a goggle tan if im not careful Shocked
snow conditions
skimottaret,
Quote:

i will end up with a goggle tan if im not careful

That is also my main worry, but I have hesitated to admit it, lest the anti-melanoma/anti-wrinkle extremists get on my case. Shocked
snow report
---

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 12-11-09 12:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
I used to wear a full face motorcycle with specs too
snow report
arv wrote:
What is the French for man love?

fixed it for you NehNeh

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 3-01-09 16:34; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Arno, Laughing tenir l'amour? wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy