Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair Ski Carraige Boot hand luggage Bergamo

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If using Ryanair Ski Carraige is there a weight limit, can u put other things in the Ski bag (Salloptees etc) as well as Skis
Is it poss to bring boot in hand luggage coming home from Bergamo

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think tghat if you read the small print on the website there is a weight limit. However, we usually put x2 pairs of skis in one bag plus odd bits of clobber. Have never been stopped from doing so by Ryanair, easyjet or any other airline.

Have taken boots in hand luggage via Bergamo about 6 times without any problems - last time was April 08.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
all airlines have a 32 kg weight limit due to H&S regulations, i believe, for a single bag, but I would suspect that Ryanair has its own limit a bit below the H&S maximum. bear in mind that technically you pay for the carraige of one set of skis and boots
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bear in mind that technically you pay for the carraige of one set of skis and boots
Quote:

Does this mean the ski carraige includes boots
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kendub, for Easyjet they allow a ski bag and boot bag to be put in the hold within the fee you pay for ski carraige, not sure about Ryanair though wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
20kg limit for your main bag and 12kg extra for the ski bag if you pay the fee (if you have a double ski bag you can fit your boots in it (just) or I can anyway). Any more and you pay excess, up to a combined total of 50kg (32kg for the main bag), after which they refuse to take it. You used to be able to transfer part of your weight allowance to your ski bag from the main bag but I heard of a case recently when EasyJet enforced the 12kg ski bag limit. I'm not sure that they got their own rules right in that instance, but why risk it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowball, on easyjet I regularly take only my board bag and get 12 kg for paying ski carraige and still retain the 20kg for my hold baggage, even though I do not check in a bag, so I am not really offsetting one bag against the other because I only have one bag wink and an aggregate 32 kg allowance Very Happy . I believe Ryanair only offer 12 kg for the hold bag these days Shocked and an extra 12 kg for the ski bag.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rayscoops, 15kg for the main bag on Ryanair, but there is no specified weight I can find for the skis. Also 10kg for hand baggage.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
At Manchester on the 21st Dec, Thomas Cook were examining any ski bag they believed might contain anything other than one set of skis and poles (clothing also not allowed) and limited the ski bag weight to 7 KG !!! My previous skis (Rossi slaloms) weighed in at nearly 9KG's including their bindings.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
moffatross, so was there also a boot bag allowed? 7kg is silly, how did they come to that number!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No, the boot bag was part of the standard 15KG allowance. No idea where they came up with the 7KG value for ski weight though and it wasn't mentioned by Neilson when booking. Anybody contravening (including us as Bro and me normally pool our skis into one bag) paid an extra £20 there and then or no carriage.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
moffatross, I'd have told them where to shove it. Neilson make a big thing of allowing 10kg of 'ski baggage' per £15 paid and say nothing of limiting to just one pair of skis and poles - in fact they encourage it: http://www.neilson.co.uk/view-Forum.aspx?forumID=40&postID=132485 and http://www.neilson.co.uk/FAQ.aspx . Complain to Neilson about it referencing that page and you should be able to get your money back.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sideshow_Bob ... Thanks, that's infuriating and I wish I'd known that at the time. Last Sunday a.m. I was even more p1ssed off as our group of 5 were a full 15 KG under our total overall luggage allowance including our boots. At 4.00 a.m. though, when none of us had slept since the previous morning, my brain was even less sharp than normal. I'm seeing bro. tomorrow, have emailed the URL to him and hope he's still got the receipt for the £20.

Edit ... looking at the wording, I think the 'per pair of skis' is going to scupper our argument but the twaddle given us by the Thomas Cook Airlines ground staff about 7KG was clearly misinformation.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy