Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What skis would you say suit this person?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Right, my dad is away at the moment and one of the women on his course wants to buy some skis. snowHead
Well she asked my dad what skis she should try, and him being the wise all knowing one asked me what i thought rolling eyes
I however know very little about what skis auit what person, just what skis suit me, so heres the spec:

Woman
25 yrs
165 cm
9 stone
Top intermediate
90% on piste 10% off piste
No twin tips
£200-300 including bindings
Not bothered bout women specific skis

Also if anyone has any info on Val Thorens snow atm (i know it has been snowing, worried it just blew straight off) as i am going on friday Very Happy

Many thanks for any replies
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Elan Wave Magics - if you can find any. But don't buy them in France - 569 euros in my local shop.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, thanks. But crickey that is a bit of a steep price tag! especially with the current euro, bought my money for trip yesterday, excange rate was 0.989 Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why doesn't she go to a local shop and ask what they might let her try? Makes sense to test some out surely? If she is happy to wait until she gets home and can get to one of the indoor slopes the shops there will normally let people try skis free in the hope they will make a sale.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have a look at the Head Cool Ones. Bev is similar in specification to your young woman, and she loved them.

snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Butterfly, i think because they are on a course, so dont really have much time to try out diffrent skis on the mountain, she probably will try skis she fances before she buys if she had any sence!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chris Bish, thanks, another one on the list!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chris Bish wrote:
Have a look at the Head Cool Ones. Bev is similar in specification to your young woman, and she loved them.

:sH:

Was thinking more Great Ones or maybe Xenon 9
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jwhiteley1, but mine cost £300.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, ok, thats not too bad, take it that was with bindings?!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I fit that description more or less (apart from the being 25 bit) and I have Volkl Tigersharks.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy