Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowHead down-Update

Poster: A snowHead
lizski, that's what I'm hoping for. Proving difficult to find recommendations of who to see!

Will see what the ones on Thur are like. Have been given number of guy who looks after Newcastle Falcons (rugby team), but it's a bit of a travel.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe phone him and ask to recommend someone closer. The rugby physios usually know each other, or other sports physios. Wish I could help, but if Newcastle is far, Joburg is worse!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JulesB wrote:
. Have been given number of guy who looks after Newcastle Falcons (rugby team), but it's a bit of a travel.

Helen will be delighted .. he managed to keep Jonny Wilkinson off the pitch for years wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
JulesB, just heard from work colleague that your physio is excellent. Agenterre, good point wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
After today's visit to the phyisotherapist, there is a faint glimmer of a possible EOSB visit. We won't be able to plan anything just yet, and his next hospital appointment coincides with the EOSB week, so will need to be changed, but physio reckons 3 months should see him back to normal activities.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont, woo hoo! That is marvelous news snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen Beaumont, my word! That is beginning to look positive Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Helen Beaumont, Excellent news! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helen Beaumont, Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helen Beaumont, great news, amazing really. snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont, Great news.

But be careful about pushing it, frustrating though it might be.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's only just occurred to me that 'Beaumont' means 'beautiful mountain', That's quite a coincidence. Are you sure that's your real names?

How are you keeping JulesB? Hope the mending will continue apace.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I also hope that Helen has brought things to a "happy conclusion", as she pledged earlier.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont, JulesB, would be good to see you both there Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Physio said that my condition was amazing after just 3 weeks probably because I was operated on immediately.Have over 85% movement. Inactivity has taken it's toll though. I wish he'd done more with lower back as all muscles are knotted up esp. in middle of night. Shouldn't grumble however.
snow report
Quote:

Shouldn't grumble however.

JulesB, I think you're entitled to a bit of a grumble!
snow conditions
JulesB, great news. As for the back, get Helen to walk up and down on it. Sorted. wink
snow conditions
Try lying on hot pad/pack/bean bag ,with 2/3 pillows under knees to relax lower back, and ask the physio to help with spasm, even if it means scheduling longer treatment. Hope better soon.
ski holidays
achilles, probably fracture a few more vertebrae.
ski holidays
Helen and JulesB, am so pleased to hear things are mending well. It would be wonderful if you could make the bash in VT snowHead
snow conditions
lizski, that's what I've been doing. I want more intensive treatment, but physio doesn't seem to think it is necessary!
ski holidays
Sometimes less is more. The treatment itself can be damaging [to a small extent] and you've got to give the tissues time to settle into their new shapes before you rive at them again...is my understanding but, I add with caveat I only work with physios, am not one...
ski holidays
MarjMJ, that is actually what the physio said.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, JulesB, I'm really glad to hear that recover is progressing well. Long may it continue Very Happy
latest report
Jules

Sounds like you are in good hands. Just do as they say and don't be tempted to do more.
latest report
I agree on no more intensive therapy, tissue needs necessary time to recover, but some massage and gentle treatment of your back shouldnt cause any concern to neck. Maybe even some dry needling for back muscles.

As soon as neckmuscles start to relax your back should probably ease too. But your friendly Physio on the spot will know best.
ski holidays
lizski, dry needling as in acupuncture? I've had lots of oily kneading as in bread!
ski holidays
JulesB, Smile Dry needling is where they needle the triggerpoints in the muscles to relax it, as opposed to acupuncture where they needle acupoints eg. needle in your thumb to make a headace go away. Dry needling actually very little invasive and found to be very effective. Can also be combined with electric or heat treatments, but before you start experimenting with pincussions and the toaster- speak to a pro.
Some physios or chiropractors or doctors do dry needling.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lizski, Ah yes. I know a GP who does this. I was shadowing him once when he placed a needle in that crease between thumb and index finger. Exactly where you would squeeze to get that nerve. It was quite painful but I had to smile and pretend all was fine so as not to spook the patient who was about to get treatment for real!
ski holidays
Just to let you all know that the poor thing has gone back to work today.
latest report
Helen Beaumont, there's always a downside to an upside. wink Glad progress has been so good.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, good to hear that recovery continues Smile
snow report
Fab news. He'll be making the morning tea next........... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
JulesB, should we start calling you Steve Austin?

They did have the technology Toofy Grin
Glad to hear the bad good news.
snow report
Mouth, that would be miraculous
snow report
Great news Helen. Keep him reined in though!!
snow report
Robo Pharmacist ! snowHead Laughing Laughing Laughing

Great News !
snow conditions
Mouth, You really do not want to taste my version of tea! Changed my mind after yesterday anyway. Work is over-rated, I still need to catch up with all the "Hero " episodes, Trichia might need watching, and I can't leave my home brew to ferment by itself.
On a more worrying note, Neurosurgery want a CT scan before they give me the all clear to ski. This isn't scheduled until April 6th. Will I get insurance through in time for the EoSB?
snow conditions
JulesB, Shocked Shocked
latest report
You certainly know how to give me a shock at this time on a Saturday morning!!! Obviously I left before the post arrived.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy