Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Compagnie des Alpes.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been made rather upset my an article I have read.

"Flaine is run by the Compagnie des Alpes. The CdA was created by the Caisse des dépôts et consignations, a public finance body, in 1989. During the Vichy regime functionaries from the Caisse des dépôts ran the commercial operations of the Drancy concentration camp north of Paris. Flaine intends to remodel the Lucifer piste next summer. It is nothing personal, just business. "

Written by PisteHors; http://pistehors.com/news/ski/comments/0658-final-solution-for-flaine/

I have just been skiing in an area run by a company whos past history appears to have been surrounding concentration camps.

Hmmmm.... would any of you visit a beach run by the SS? it is the same principle.

The article has aptly been named the final solution. A sour taste has been left in my mouth. Not that I call for a mass exodus or a boycott of these resorts. If I was a local council member, I would be frankly disgusted to sell their ski area to people with such.

What do people ask for who have suffered these great trumours. To never forget, I think things have been forgotten too quickly all so they can chase the yanky dollar.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Christopher, Without knowing really what you are talking about (please excuse my ignorance - and I genuinely mean that). Does your stance mean you will never visit Germany, Japan etc., does it mean that the people running Flaine now were running concentration camps? I think not.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Christopher wrote:

I have just been skiing in an area run by a company whos past history appears to have been surrounding concentration camps.

Hmmmm.... would any of you visit a beach run by the SS? it is the same principle.

Actually I would, equipped with 2 suitcases full of union jack towels.snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This post is barking mad.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

past history

Key words. It's now a different company run by different people and one has to presume that mass murder is not a part of their core business strategy.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's 2008 - not 1945. We'll never forget what happened in WW2 but Europe has moved on and we're all friends now.

I'm more upset by their demolition of the crevasses to flatten stuff off for new pistes. All the beautiful rock formations are being smashed into gravel and ancient caves are being closed off when the cracks are filled in. Isn't that a bit of a shame? Not the first time I've wondered how environmentally sound a ski resort is...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Many companies that are household names today have a dubious past. Did you know that Hugo Boss, the well known fashion company, made SS uniforms uniforms during the war?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I take it the OP wouldn't buy a VW, Porsche, Mercedes (Daimler) Benz or Siemens product then.......many of which were built using PoW forced labour. And I guess being a fan of NASA's space programme is out owing to the connection with Wernher (later Robert Braun) von Braun (Nazi rocket scientist who became on of the heads of NASA)........ Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Not the first time I've wondered how environmentally sound a ski resort is...

Puzzled Hugely environmentally unsound, obviously. Even the ones which don't do so much violence to the terrain. The very business of creating communities at 2000m..... to say nothing of the lifts. People (like me) who say they are concerned about the environment, but go skiing, are hypocrites. wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Christopher, do you read the Daily Mail by any chance?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy