Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have Lloyds TSB Platinum winter sports cover? Read on...................

Poster: A snowHead
Mine's actually Natwest not Lloyds TSB. I've never had to pay to upgrade, but I do pay for the bank account (it also includes mobile phone insurance, extended warranty for purchases, car breakdown cover and a few other bits and bobs). As far as I can see it's for trips of up to 31 days including wintersports, so Natwest account holders need not panic...

Unless Natwest/RBS go bankrupt of course...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Holidayloverxx wrote:

"BCjohnny, I've just got it! Wintersport is included on the platinum account, isn;t it. I have to pay £50 to upgrade with the gold policy hence I have a start and end date (I've got the renewal notice in my hand with the dates on it)"

I don't think winter sports is automatically included on the Platinum account - you can opt for either winter sports or full family cover as 'standard' .We opted for full family cover as 'standard' on our platinum account and upgrade each year paying an extra £50.00 for the winter sports cover. We are issued an upgrade schedule with essentially the same details as holidayloverxx quoted above but obv relevent to a platinum account i.e.

"Period of Insurance (Excluding Upgrades0): The period commencing on the date when you opened a new Gold service account.... please note that the period of insurance relating to your upgrades will be different and are detailed below.....Winter Sports Start Date 13th January 2008 End Date 12th January 2009.... is operative for a maximum of 17 days in the period of insurance shown in the schedule"

I rang Lloyds TSB and I have to say a very helpful person advised me that the dates on the upgrade schedule were indeed the period of insurance specifically relevent to our winter sports cover and we were covered for 17 days within those dates.

Therefore, I think I'm right in assuming that the problem BCJohnny has highlighted do not occur with a platinum account if winter sports cover is taken out as an upgrade.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
loatie, I checked the list of benefits onluine and it said included. I wonder if it changed since you opened your account? can;t check it at the mo as the page isn't opening

EDIT: now checked and as others have said, you can choose family OR winter sports

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 10-01-09 17:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Interesting thread, thanks! Have just checked my policy (comes with HSBC Plus Account) and it states 'cover for winter sports trips is limited to a maximum of 21 days in any consecutive 12-month period'. Call me thick - but what does that mean exactly? Do I have the same problem with a rolling year?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BCjohnny, we were with Lloyds Insurance through our Platinum account too, which was 'supposedly' cheap, but actually it wasn't really any cheaper by the time we'd upgraded to winter sports. Anyway, my son had an accident in France whilst on a Uni trip and we had major communication problems which effectively made my sons stay in hospital even longer. This together with the limited amount of days skiing you get and no cover for Off-piste (unless with a guide) prompted us to cancel and re-insure with Direct Travel.

EDIT

and another thing . . . they would not stump up for his lost goggles, which he had lost during the accident (he had concussion ! . . so didn't know what had happened or the fact that he'd lost them ) Anyway, apparently you are meant to report missing items to the police . . . yeah right, he had one day left of his holiday, there was no way he was going to spend that down the police station.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Insurance company makes love to customer in the back bottom - dog bites man... rolling eyes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BCJohnny. I also have the Lloyds platinum cover. As I am not married but the policy states my partner is covered I asked to have her name specifically mentioned on the policy. Consequently I get sent an actual policy certificate with a start and end date on, as the start end date is Septemeber I manage to get 17 days cover for the duration of the policy, every year I contact LLoydstsb again to ask for a copy of policy with the GF's name on.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mossimus, welcome to snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok, here goes, as I understand it, but please confirm any of this first with L/TSB (good luck)...............

Platinum policy only.

With this account you can EITHER take Family cover OR Wintersports cover (for you and your "partner") free of charge, as an account holder.

If you choose Winter sports cover it "rolls" from year to year with no effective start or end date REGARDLESS of any dates you have on the schedule, and entitles you to "17 days [cover] in any 12 month period", as worded on the "Upgrade Schedule" in front of me. See earlier posts as to what that may mean as L/TSB, despite their assurances, HAVE NOT got back to me to confirm.

If you choose Family Cover, then take out Winter Sports cover as an extension of the policy, ie pay for it, then you do have an effective start and end date (as per your policy) because you paid for it as a SEPERATE ENTITY.

The "free" insurance "rolls", the paid for has a start and end date. Subtle, but massive, difference, if you need to claim.

"Lesser" L/TSB policies (Gold) all require WS cover to be paid for, IIRC, so these, again, have a start and end date as per the policy.

Like I say, please confirm with L/TSB, as this is only my understanding. 'Cause no-ones talking.

Don't bother letting me know the outcome as I have now taken out seperate cover, and will be closing my L/TSB Platinum account later this month.

John.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Schuss in Boots wrote:
Interesting thread, thanks! Have just checked my policy (comes with HSBC Plus Account) and it states 'cover for winter sports trips is limited to a maximum of 21 days in any consecutive 12-month period'. Call me thick - but what does that mean exactly? Do I have the same problem with a rolling year?

Probably, but check with HSBC first.

John.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mossimus wrote:
BCJohnny. I also have the Lloyds platinum cover. As I am not married but the policy states my partner is covered I asked to have her name specifically mentioned on the policy. Consequently I get sent an actual policy certificate with a start and end date on, as the start end date is Septemeber I manage to get 17 days cover for the duration of the policy, every year I contact LLoydstsb again to ask for a copy of policy with the GF's name on.

What you actually have is an "Upgrade Schedule", not a policy document. As the upgrade is attached to the main policy, foc, and you "opt" for WS cover, as you have to do each year, the dates shown show when you opt in and when that option ends, so you then have to opt back in again each year, and each year you get an upgrade schedule with dates on it. It's not automatic. That's the sum total of what the dates mean.

Carefully read your Upgrade Schedule. On mine it states "for a maximum of 17 days in any 12 month period". What do you think that means? As I understand it please read earlier posts.

Again, as I understand it, please confirm all this with L/TSB first...........................

John.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
loatie wrote:
Therefore, I think I'm right in assuming that the problem BCJohnny has highlighted do not occur with a platinum account if winter sports cover is taken out as an upgrade.

Correct, as a "paid for" upgrade.

Please confirm with L/TSB blah blah.................

EDIT for quote.

John.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
queen bodecia wrote:
Mine's actually Natwest not Lloyds TSB. I've never had to pay to upgrade, but I do pay for the bank account (it also includes mobile phone insurance, extended warranty for purchases, car breakdown cover and a few other bits and bobs). As far as I can see it's for trips of up to 31 days including wintersports, so Natwest account holders need not panic...

Unless Natwest/RBS go bankrupt of course...

For the reasons outlined, check your policy wording, unless there's no way you'll eat into 31 days with any foreseeable overlap of dates.

Conceivably if you took a couple of holidays late season one year, then earlier the next year.................

John.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone know if any of these premium bank accounts cover for unaccompanied off piste skiing, or do they all require you to be accompanied by a guide/instructor?

I have Lloyds premium and, as stated above, it only covers off-piste with an instructor or guide, so pretty worthless to me. I'm sure years ago (before they moved over to AXA) unaccompanied off-piste was covered as I enquired about this.

Oh, Hi everyone, my first post Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Westy, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I'm pretty sure most of these insurance covers supplied by banks probably limit cover to on-piste or off-piste with instructors/guides. When I had LTSB plantinum I had the choice to have family cover or switch to personal cover with a wider range of insurance coverage that included off-piste. That may well have changed now though.
snow report
Following the above I was a little concerned about my canada trip next week.

Obviously this is just my experience, you are all advised to check seperately. Just been on the phone to Lloyds, acording to them as my policy was restated in Septemeber 08 anything before then is irrelevant, I voiced my concerns with the rolling 12 month thing and was told no it resets on the renewal date. As a result of this i am now going to take it I am covered.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy