Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Houches - can anyone clarify the lift pass situation?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off to Chamonix in a few weeks time & intend to ski all the different areas - so the MBU pass looked like the way to go. However, from what I can see, the MBU pass (when used at Les Houches) will only give access to one gondola & 'some' of the runs!

Can anyone help shed some light on this please?

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Last season Les houches had its own lift pass which did not include the rest of the 'area'.

I dont think that has changed.

Brightside, have you skied there before?

I think its a smashing little ski area. We did 4 days there in Feb and realy enjoyed it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Last March we were able to use all the lifts at Les Houches on the Mount Blanc. However, the website here says:
http://www.chamonet.com/faq.php?id_faq_type=45#1558

**Due to on-going internal disagreements within the Les Houches ski domain, the Compagnie du Mont Blanc is unable to offer the entire Les Houches ski area as part of the Mont Blanc Unlimited pass for winter 2008/09. However, holders of the MBU pass will still be able to use the Prarion Gondola and the pistes accessed by this lift.**
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Brightside, was there a couple of weeks ago and can confirm the situation is as kamikaze, says. MBU pass will get you up Prarion bubble but that is all and is pretty pointless. Pain in the chuff but there's nowt you can do about it I'm afraid.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
see here:

http://www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/docs/AVERTISSEMENT_MBU_TC_PRARION.PDF

http://www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/index.php follow the links

NOTICE FOR THE ATTENTION OF
MONT-BLANC UNLIMITED PASS HOLDERS
Les Houches local council during its session of the 30th October 2008,
deliberation N°08.255, has voted against the possibility of the Mont-
Blanc Unlimited pass being valid solely on the Prarion gondola.
As a result, the Compagnie du Mont-Blanc & its subsidiary in Les
Houches “LH-SG” no longer have the possibility of proposing a pass
valid solely on this installation.
We invite our clients to visit the cash-desks of the Prarion gondola
where an alternative solution will be proposed.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Its a great situation for those that hate the way everyone else in the valley descends on LH when the weather is bad and other stations are not open !!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks folks.

No doubt the 'alternative solution' will be to buy a separate lift pass!

Not a great situation but it looks like we'll have to stump up extra if we want to ski there.

I skied the area a few years ago & want to take my wife there this year as it's such a smashing wee area. I see that Courmayer is on the MBU pass - any nice treelined skiing there?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy