Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is a good clocked time to be able to sit in the 'chair position' against the wall

Poster: A snowHead
What is a good clocked time to be able to sit in the 'chair position' against the wall?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Should this post be in the Guantanamo Bay section ? Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My dad used to do this excercise, and to me it seems like practising for skiing in the back seat - does it really build anything you actually should be using?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's better to do it dynamically - use a gym ball against a wall. At one point, when I still did that exercise (in chair position, before gym balls were invented) I could do 5 minutes. That was a few years ago.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Seriously, I suppose, I've done squats up against the wall with an exercise ball behind me - good for the legs. Don't think it's supposed to simulate a skiing position (Though if you've seen me ski Wink)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Watch Ski Sunday whilst standing on a balance cushion and mimic the stance and turns. Wahooooo Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have done it in the past but prefer other exercises such as squats and lunges, both often done on a Bosu.

I think the idea behind it was to build quad strength, but as your quads arent static when skiing surely its better to do dynamic exercises. Most I've acheived is 11mins, but its boring.

Scarpa, Like it Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
.. and have the Bosu upside down holding weights.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
17 minutes, a few years ago by a lass at the IYSki stand Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I see lots of french instructors do this in the pub after skiing and they easily do 10mins plus. A friend who skied for france said it was for the quads, but more importantly lactic acid training so that you can fight through the pain....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jerry wrote:
Seriously, I suppose, I've done squats up against the wall with an exercise ball behind me - good for the legs. Don't think it's supposed to simulate a skiing position (Though if you've seen me ski Wink)

I think that sitting on the toilet best simulates your skiing position. NehNeh
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
wow some crazy times, i managed 4 mins, better get as many squats and lunges in as i can before sunday haha
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kramer, Got plenty of practice in Zermatt... (and NehNeh to you an'all!) Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've always quite liked this exercise...anything you can do while watching telly is a winner for me wink

Respect to those who can do over 5mins - I'm pleased if I can manage 2 and a half!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Respect to those who can do over 5mins - I'm pleased if I can manage 2 and a half!

SNAP
snow report
erica2004 wrote:

Didnt think there was an upside and downside - due to its name Toofy Grin
snow report
10 mins min.
snow report
skimottaret, reckon that's what my knees would do if I tried for 10mins Shocked
snow report
ChrisWo, double snap wink
snow report
Bones, Toofy Grin Masochist gym instructor.
ski holidays
erica2004 wrote:

above your head
ski holidays
Quote:

I think the idea behind it was to build quad strength, but as your quads arent static when skiing surely its better to do dynamic exercises.

I train on horseback, shorten the stirrups like a jockey and ride at trot and canter for as long as you like, its quite a good simulator, really!, especially when the horse spooks at, usually nothing, good training for wipe out recovery Laughing

Appreciate not all of you have access to a horse. I cant afford one but ride everyone elses.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy