Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz v Saas Fee with 3 and 1 year old

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been offered free accom in both places in April. The main focus will be getting my 3 year old to try a bit of skiing for the first time and to keep my non skiing other half occupied with 1 year old somewhere where there is plenty to do off slopes. Any thoughts on which place would be the best option? - I'm not fussed about the skiing for me on this one. Any advice welcome, ta.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gsyfreerider, Neighbour has a pad in Saas Fee and has taken his 2 year old there since he was a wee baby, both in winter and summer. He raves about it as its very family friendly. Downside is the trasnfer with a kid of that age - 3 hours min. Avoriaz is more convenient to get to but I've only been to Morzine and without kids, but did not look like a lot of non ski/snow activities in Avoriaz. Saas Fee has a much nicer village. Dont know if this helps
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that, what about Morzine?, is there plenty enough to do there, does the cable car from Avoriaz take you straight into the town?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gsyfreerider - Saas Fee definitely has the edge for non-skiers as it has a fab spa / swimming pool that isn't too expensive to use. In truth, though, neither place has loads for non-skiers.

The only thing I'm not sure about with Saas Fee is where the nursery slopes are. In Avoriaz the children's nursery slopes are right in the middle of town and very easy to get to.

I'm sure the Swiss are, but the French system is also very geared towards children. ESF have a "Piou Piou", which runs a variety of snow-based games and activities aimed at introducing kids to snow and sliding in a gentle way.

Do also check on the availability of baby-sitting - I'm sure MrsGsyfreerider would appreciate being an adult for at least one evening.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We were in Saas Fee 3 years ago & the nursery slopes were at the bottom of the main ski area, right next to town. We had no kids then but we thought that the kids ski area looked very good - lots of happy faces anyway!

The kids area is right next to the town & gondola stations plus the home run ends in the same area so it would be easy for you to ski back for lunch with them.

Sorry, haven't been to Avoriaz but it doesn't look set up for non skiers. As someone suggested, you'd prob have to take the lift down to Morzine for no ski activity.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Haven't been to Saas Fee but have been to Avoriaz a few times. It's not really great for non-skiers to be perfectly honest. If I were going to that area as a non-skier I'd probably stay in Morzine to be perfectly honest. Avoriaz has a kids snow area in the centre and the horse drawn sleigh-thingies are nice but there's not much else for non-skiers. A week would seem like an eternity IMHO.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy