Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere Restaurants

Poster: A snowHead
Ok I need a recommendation for a good restaurant in Val d'Isere. Will be arriving on my Birthday (Sat 29th Jan) and would like to eat out somewhere, perferrably French food, but not too poncy/pricey! Am staying in La Daille but prepared to go into town if necessary. Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Best restaurant on the mountain for me is Edelweiss above Le Fornet. I seem to recall from last year that a hearty and very good quality lunch with wine was in the region of 15 euros which seemed very reasonable indeed.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lovely! That sounds great for lunch, but what about my evening meal?!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tuck Thong, is that the one in between the 2 gondolas? There is somewhere to eat at the middle station but the one under the middle of the first gondola is much much better snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The one above the Pacific Bar was pretty good a few years ago.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dan, that's the one, second the recommendation.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowbabe, when we went to Val d'Isere a couple of years back we stayed full board in the Hotel Mercure (yes, it's a chain hotel) and the food (and atmosphere) was very good. They have two restaurants - one more regional, the other more French. Both do menus for non-guests and indeed there were plenty of non-guests there. There's probably better in the resort, but there'll be an awful lot worse. You can't miss it, it's right by the lifts/slopes, etc.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Chalet du Cret is meant to have a great (but expensive) reputation. If you want somewhere a bit more cheap and cheerful then the forge is always good value. My favourite is the second pizza window down from the roundabout.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I know it's not French but, Le Petit Danois does an excellent Chips and Gravy for about 4 euros - lovely.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ok I'll bear all these in mind! Is the chips and gravy place open after the bars close?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stephen, le petite danois for a birthday celebration, you've got to be joking and last night we were dancing on the tables!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Summarising ... I too am looking for a restaurant for one evening (you know the drill, chalet holiday, Thursday night off for the chalet staff, that kind of thing). The one under the Gondo sounds like it's up the hill. Is it? If so it's a long walk in the evening (or can you ride the Gondo). Hotel Mercure sounds like big restaurants. But what I am confused about is that one is french and the other regional. Do you mean it does local french food as opposed to a variety of french regional food? And is it central? Any others? keep 'em coming ...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
B00thy, Surprisingly, though the hotel is a big chain, at least one of the restaurants is actually reasonable small and atmospheric. As I say, there must be a better, more atmospheric, local restaurant, but in the absence of any other recommendation and assuming it hasn't changed, then this is at least worth a look. We were on set, full board menu for the week, but from memory of the a la carte menu, one was general French, the other was Savoyarde. It is central. The "back" overlooks the bottom of the nursery lift.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Try Le Tufs, betwen the bases of the funicular and the bubble at La Dialle. It is very good at lunchtime and all the reports I have heard say it is even better in the evenings.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David@traxvax, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Thanks Adrian we'll try Le Tufs Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy