Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another dead in inbounds avalanche - JH this time - and more slides....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The rumour is that a local died in an inbounds avalanche this afternoon. Still a bit confusing as there were apparently other slides elsewhere inbounds in the last 24 hours. For those who know the area, it sounds like the slide was from the permanently closed area between Tower 3 and Paintbrush - above/into Toilet Bowl.

I arrived at the top of tower 3 (a nice double-black chute - about 45 degrees at the top and the middle) to ski it, just as the patrollers arrived to close it, so skied another run to meet my wife who had come round below Tower 3 and seen the patrol digging with dogs present. An officer at the bottom of the hill later told be that they had recovered someone and the results were not good...

Shaping up to being a worrying start of the year. Often there are Back Country deaths around here, but this is the first time I can recall an inbounds injury in a total of about 3 months spent here. Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And yet more huge slides today - leading them to close almost the entire mountain except beginners slopes. Slides off Headwall, Casper and also possible Laramie Bowl. One Piste Patrol hut covered with someone in it - but rescued. The temperature has risen to about 4 C at the bottom of the hill.

Scary scary snowpack.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rain crust galore from November...so unlike JH...normally a very stable snowpack with regular snowfalls of small amounts.

Scary stuff...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy