Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

driving to alps cost?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
trying to think of ways to cut the cost of skiing in the french alps thinking of hiring minibus and driving it with 11 people chipping in, any one no what it costs(fuel ,tolls etc and how long does it take? to alps d huez or if there is somewhere cheaper further north any info appreciated ... Very Happy Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can reduce some elements from this but some you can't avoid.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=38244#899086
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bradleyjoesalso some informed discussion on this thread

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1062789&highlight=driving+cost#1062789

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1017184&highlight=avoriaz+tolls#1017184

We looked into hiring a minibus once but couldnt find a hire co that would allow us to drive it into France.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bradleyjoes, You'll find the other threads helpful. Good point made by Boredsurfing, as hiring a minbus for use abroad may be an issue. Prices may need updating in particular fuel in France is now more expensive than previous years (Exchange rate) and dont forget to factor in the road tolls. You also may need to consider snowchains. Good luck.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bradleyjoes, all good points above. I suspect that whether you save anything depends on what you are comparing it with. But compared to low season flights, booked well in advance, almost certainly not.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bradleyjoes, from what I can gather tolls are about €140 return to the alps (give or take). But from experience, use them!!! Are well worth the cost.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tolls from Calias to Grand Massif are about €55 each way. But as anotherproblem, said, worth every cent. I had struggled to find a van hire company when we bought our place, but I'm sure someone will rent you a minibus. I have considered similar myself as I arrange a group trip each year - will be interested to hear how you get on. Remember to factor in 11 pieces of luggage (more if women present wink )
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There are web sites like www.viamichelin.com which will work out a route for you and include details of tolls, etc.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Buy an old car / van off Autotrader and resell it upon return.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bradleyjoes, we drove a van from Grimsby to the Alpes and did 2500 miles going from Calais to Le Cluzas to Pila (Italy) then on to L2A with a day over in Alpe D'Heuz then back home and it cost about £550 all in doing 80+mph most of the time this included the ferry as well. I would factor in an extra 20% on that now due to the weak pound.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fragy, "doing 80+mph most of the time this included the ferry as well" - blimey, must have been a quiet Ferry to get that kind of speed up Razz
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you saw the food they were trying to serve up, you would have done faster than that wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bradleyjoes, you cannot drive a minibus with more than 9 seats in France without the appropriate licence.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy