Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts 1 hour from Turin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have got a cheap flight to Turin in mid January for 3 nights.

Suggestions as close to Turin as possible, suitable for a couple of intermediate cruising boarders ie no need for a park, no need for a million drag lifts.

Also, anyone got any good accomm suggestions?

Asked these same questions on other fourm's but thought a specific question to the boarderhood was in order!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sauze is ideal Peter. If you're not interested in using the car, the trains are pretty good bet from what i've heard. Get the train to Oulx and then a short taxi ride up to Sauze. Just found out that the eurostar from Paris to Rome (stopping at Oulx) takes about 4 1/2 hours so i'm looking at that in the future.

if you've got the late flights out and back with Ryan Air to Turin, i know that flexible breaks will pick you up for "free" if you stay with them. I've used them and again at New Year and they've been good.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hasn't Sauze got a couple of key lifts which are very long drags...and I mean long...!!!

Cervinia is bus connected from Turin and is worth the trouble for boarding...although I don't board. You might have to make two connections and in this repect might be 90 mins..... !!
Gressoney has very few drags and is boarder friendly....has great potential for off-piste but you need kit.
And Champoluc in the next valley which is lift connected. All three are a long way up the valley's and more interesting than Sauze Very low key night-life, just follow the Swedes because that is all there is.......Haven't been to Bardonettia..if that is how you spell it, but it is as close as Sauze.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The main runs out of Sauze are chair lifts and you can get round 95% of the runs without using drags. If you want to go over to Sestriere then you need to use drags.

I loved sauze, went twice in 2003 (mind you I busted my collarbone on the first run of the first day so the 2nd week didnt really count!) Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I seem to remember a drag lift from hell in Sauze... can't remember its name, but you got to it by going up the (crowded) twin chairs from Sportina, then over to the left and down towards the back end of Sauze. there's a long (often icy) run down to the bottom of another chair, which you take back up a short way. You then get dumped at the bottom of the drag from hell... it goes on forever and has many steep/adverse camber/icy bits. there was NO other way of getting back to the main sportina area other than going up this drag then back down again...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
think it was replaced with a chair, I know what bit you mean and that definitely a chair now. the only drags in sauze are to the right of sportinia or alternatively on some of the lower bunny slopes to the left of the resort...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sauze.

All of the Genevris area involves drags (far left as you look up from Sauze) but there is some good off-piste and it's far quieter than the rest of the resort. There's a steepish one to get over to Sansicario, I've seen a few Boarders come off this. You can get over to Sestriere w/o drags but you have to get one (of two) longish drags on the way back. You also need to take a drag to get back from Sansicario. Sansicario and Sestriere have by far the best lifts i.e. chairs.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Anyone know if there are any problems getting to Chamonix from Turin. theaa.com shows that it is only 1 and 3/4 hours though the MB tunnel and flights to Turin are so much cheaper than Geneva for me.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ray Zorro, there shouldn't be, i have driven to Courmayeur from Turin and then as part of the lift pass taken a bus through the tunnel to chamonix. Absolute doddle!! Should be dual carriage way all the way as well. There will be some tolls to pay on the Italian side and I think it's about 30 euro through the MB Tunnel.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ray Zorro,

Probably closer to 2 hours but it is straight forward although the new road around Aosta was a mass of roadworks last year. The new road is a toll as is the tunnel. If you stay for a few days get the return as it is cheaper than two singles. Can't remember how much specifically tho'. You will have to get buses though as the train stops at Aosta, I think. And you will probably have to change the bus there as well.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy