Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Setting and adjusting Salomon smartrak bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I just bought a pair of Salomon X-wing skies with the Salomon 12TI smartrak bindings. The bindings seem straightforward with only 4 pieces (toe, heel, that metal piece, and the smartrak), no screws, and easily adjustable. Which makes me feel like I can assemble them myself. Are these bindings as easy as I think they are to put on or should I have a professional do it?

When I bought the skies the salesman mentioned that I would want to adjust the placement of the binding per the snow conditions. Does anyone have a good rule of thumb or know where I can find the info? I was thinking about just doing trial and error but it would be nice to skip that.

Any info will be appreciated,
Seahawk56
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Assuming it's the Smartrak Control with the adjustable toe-piece, it's easy - I did mine with no problem at all - there should be a diagram with the skis that show you how, but better if you download the salomon shop practices manual from the web, which gives detailed step-by-step instructions.

http://www.salomoncertification.com/download.jsp

Smartrak is covered on page 10 in the 07/08 version.

You can vary the fore-aft position of the boot by moving the toe and heel sections as you wish, so long as the forward tension indication is in range, but I have mine set so the boot centre mark is aligned with the ski's, which works for me. The toe height setting is automatic so no problem there.

All this assumes you are confident on what DIN settings you should be using and is all at your own risk, of course.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy