Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canada....now i'm getting really excited!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
O.k, now its less than a week until i'm off to Big White/Silver Star and it's getting a bit mad! I've bored all my 'non skiing' friends( Puzzled ) and colleagues at work to death, it's getting hard to sleep, so this is a blatent , non subtle, excuse to bang on about it some more Very Happy .The first week is in Big White at the White Crystal Inn, and the second week at Silver Star at The Putnam Station Hotel , we've never stayed at a fully 'ski in ski out' village before, has anyone stayed/skied at either resort?Big White also gives me the perfect opportunity to demo some powder skis and finally add a pair to my quiver snowHead , i can hear a certain somebody screaming " GET THE PISTOLS!!", so with the favourable Canadian $ rate and the chance to claim the local tax back ( has anyone experience of this?), i think buying is a strong possiblity
The snow conditions , whilst not Utah or Tahoe truly stellar dumps Shocked , are damn fine, loads of powder!...did i mention i'm getting a bit excited!
Seriously, anyone with any info or tips about either resort, it would be most welcome, c'mon you know you want to, talking about it is second only to actually doing it!! wink
I hope everyone who's waiting to go away soon is dealing with it as rationally and serenely as i am Madeye-Smiley .
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
excitableboy, I'm off to Canada on Wednesday, I'm going to Fernie and the snow is looking great over there as well! snowHead

I hope you enjoy yourself as much as I will! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Claiming tax back is actually quite easy. Make sure you use the official canadian government forms rather than the forms from other companies which offer to do it for you but take a 10% cut. When you arrive at airport go straight to tax back desk (if flying from calgary, turn right when entering departures doors and walk past all desks). The officer will go over all receipts and may ask you a few questions over any big receipts. They MAY ask to see the goods so try to pack purchases in same place (I've never known them to do this however). Remember the resipts have to be for $50 or more so bear this in mind if something your buying is just below......

Anyway, enough of the boring stuff. Have a great time in Canada and report back as to Big White and Silver Star as I am thinking about going next year Smile Smile We are off to Jackson Hole at end of month and it can't come soon enough!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
excitableboy, I know where you're coming from Smile
I'm leaving in 16539 minutes!

This weekend was spent deciding which lessons/camp to take, watching ski DVDs and reading ski books!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
flugeryl, unless something changed from the last time I was in Canada then none of that is required. You can fill the forms in with receipts etc and just post them in a provided envelope. The refund reaches your account a few (quite a few I recall) weeks later.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
< scream>
GET THE PISTOLS
</ scream>
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
what, no photo ??????? Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh, alright then...

Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thats the spirit...........smashing! Cool
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
excitableboy, had them with me in Switzerland last week, but the conditions weren't good enough. But while there, one of the kids on the trip asked if he could have his picture taken with them.
I think it made his holiday.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ....too cool by half! ..........You might have stumbled on a little cottage industry there.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy