Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Elasticated glove wrist straps.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The kids have new ski gloves for Christmas. Although both from Hestra one pair has an elastic strap that can be slipped onto the childs wrist and is attached to the glove so that they can be removed without falling to the ground if the child drops them.

To my mind these are a huge improvement over elastic through the coat sleeves. Now I could get the sewing kit out and fashion a set for the other pair of gloves, but it would easier if I could buy something similar. Has anyone seen these for sale - I'm looking on the web but can't think what to search for 'glove wrist strap?' etc. If anyone has seen them for sale I'd appreciate a pointer.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 25-12-08 23:36; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Megamum, you could try searching for 'glove leashes' - but I doubt you will find any. They usually come supplied with the gloves as you have found.

But possibly some snowHead may have some that they dont use Smile My gloves have detachable ones which are great, and quite useful at times Toofy Grin

May I wish you every success in your search Cool
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whatever happened to string through the jacket?! Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No idea where to get them from, but my 'grown up' Mountain Equipment gloves have them fitted - I reckon it's a brilliant idea, makes fiddling with things ungloved so much more straightforward.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megamum, how do they attach to the gloves? They sound like a great idea for kids and adults too, but I have never seen them.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Butterfly wrote:
Megamum, how do they attach to the gloves? They sound like a great idea for kids and adults too, but I have never seen them.

Here's an example

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I bought soe new North Face gloves and they had them already attached, only cost £39 too!!

Mind you last season ended up taking a client to hospital as they got the end trapped between their skis as they gave them to me to load into the rack..... skis pulled elastic, elastic sprung back into clients eye Blush
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Megamum, only thing I have seen is this which might be useful http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/detailfash.php?type=FASH&code=A4914&proddesc=2+Pack+Mitten+Clips&supercategory=BRN00004&branch=&wcategory=CAT00038&catdesc=Kids+Accessories&super=0020BRN00004~0010BRN00010~0090CAT00038&treecode=TRE00009
But not as good as the elastic wristband.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Both my Decathlon gloves 9cheap), and my new Burton Impact (snowbaord gloves with wrist guards, not so cheap) have them.
So it seems to be a case of some do, some don't...regardless of price or brand...no logic to it..
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have been searching online and the attachments for the gloves seem to be called 'Hestra Handcuffs' (these are different from the ones offered by Ann Summer's!!). They seem to available separately online in the States, but I haven't found an outlet for them in the UK yet.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you do the DIY route, what about using elastic with pre-done buttonholes along it (like goes in maternity trousers!!) and just stitching a button on glove and jacket? Easier than doing something too complicated?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've made my own by attaching elasticated ribbon (bought from sewing shop) to wrist sweat bands. If I can do that anyone can.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy