Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soll or Selva??

Poster: A snowHead
Looking around on tinternet and there are some good deals to be had in January.

Fancy somewhere new.

Have not been to Soll or Selva and there are some good cheap trips to both of these.

Myself and mate are fairly easy to please but we do go for the skiing rather than apres ski. Ski mainly red (French) and a little bit of down through the trees, would these resorts satisfy this need.

Grateful for some opinions.

Smile Cheers

S
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
scotabroad, I've done both, I'm sure you would like them, both scenic, nice huts, large areas to explore but quite a few more blues and short runs in comparison to the large French resorts.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
scotabroad, Having skied both, Soll once and the Dolomites many times my steer would be Selva. If you like reds you can cruise for miles and miles on and around the Sella Ronda on blue/red combos.

Scenery is fantastic - the best in the Alps IMHO

If I could go in January I would be there or close to it ( Arabba probably ).

Cheers
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CP, I would lean twd Selva too, nothing quite like the 'travelling on skis' feeling as you traverse from village to village without taking the same lift or skiing the same piste twice, I'm putting my money where my mouth is, I'm off to the Sella Ronda (Canazei) at the end of next week. Loads of snow so far this season too.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Was in Santa Cristina (2 miles down the road from Selva) 12th- 15th and loads of snow. Six of us went and really enjoyed it. It is a must go to place. Here are some photo's I took Saturday last...

http://picasaweb.google.com/Angus.Laycock/ValGardenaDecember2008?feat=email#5280512158111648322

Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Selva! haven't been to either, but have been to val di fassa (pozza) and wouldn't be dissapointed if told it were to be the only place i can go back too!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Been to Soll in March 2005 and had a great time. Off to Selva in 3.5 weeks. Conditions look incredible
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stortfordhal, nice pics, you had brilliant snow conditions, which can occasionally be the only disappointment for this area, but not this year so far! snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
luigi wrote:
CP, ............. I'm off to the Sella Ronda (Canazei) at the end of next week. .

Me too. We're in Canazei from the 27th to the 4th.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mollerski wrote:
luigi wrote:
CP, ............. I'm off to the Sella Ronda (Canazei) at the end of next week. .

We arrive just as you're leaving! Have you been to Canazei before? Where are you staying?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
scotabroad, While Soll and the SkiWelt are great skiing areas the runs do tend to be on the easy side and so perhaps you might not find that much to trouble you. IT is also looking like a vintage year in the Dollys so I would agree with others that Selva might be the choice
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
luigi wrote:
Mollerski wrote:
luigi wrote:

We arrive just as you're leaving! Have you been to Canazei before? Where are you staying?

Only when wandering off of the Sella Ronda. Chalet Traviata.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Though Söll and the Hohe Salve is my home area and I love it, the Dolomites are on a somewhat larger scale. More dramatic scenery, circuit probably a bit longer (though it takes pretty well a whole day to ski round the Höhe Salve too - even longer now that you can get across to Westendorf with a lift). From Söll you could also ski places like Kitzbühel, if you pay for the (more expensive) Kitzbüheler Alpen ticket: 6 days €204 (Skiwelt €181,50) but that would also mean depending on transport, buses/taxis if you haven't your own (you could get across on skis with the new Westendorf Skiwelt gondola and only a short bus ride, but the crossing would take so much time itself that you wouldn't then have that much time on the Kitzbühel slopes).

You can have a great time in both places. I would probably plump for Selva, given the choice, but then I ski Söll regularly anyhow snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Skiid Soll last Jan and Sella Ronda last Feb. Providing snow is good and it is you would enjoy both. Having said that the scenery in Dolomites on a sunny day is second to nothing. Personal choice.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Been to dolomites, loved it. The scenery is amazing, you never really believe what it says it in brochures but it really is beautiful. Excellent food on mountains, good value too. Off to Soll next week, I'm told the nightlife is great and the skiing is of a similar level to Selva. Both resorts will be alot easier than the resorts in France, but cheaper too.
snow report
Selva has brilliant snow at present and fantastic scenery always. Soell has great nightlife and is fun. Selva would swing it for me due to the vast area and some harder slopes around Arraba.
latest report
whats the apres like in selva?

Nick
snow report
Didnt manage to get a decent deal to Selva in the end, but have just booked into Canazei down the road & going in a fortnight yippee Very Happy Very Happy , so hopefully will be able to indulge in similar scenic skiing. I was there 12 years ago as a very early intermediate so it will be interesting to see how it compares now I can get around the pistes.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy