Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

R21 Bumps training

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Had a brilliant week in Tignes with R21 and just wanted to let everyone know how good the training was.

The course was exceptionally good value, £175 for 6 FULL days of training 9 -3:30 everyday with video review at lunch most days.

Training was a mix of on piste warm up and drills, off piste skiing, open field bumps, rut lines and a few goes in the WC competition bumps lane. It wasnt a course on "tips" for bumps skiing but more of a week on how to improve your basic skiing skills that are important for mogul skiing along with some tactics on how to best ski the bumps.

We had 6 - 8 students per day and most were very high caliber skiers with 5 having Eurotest passes under their belts. I languished at the bottom of the group but the good skiers were all very helpful and the trainer had us doing lots of partner and synchro exercises.

Our Trainer Derek Chandler was inspirational in the bumps and although was a bit nutty he had a very easy going yet professional coaching style with detailed training plans and drills for us to work on as a group and tailored things to each individual on a daily basis.

We had some great conditions and two bluebird powder days. One of the lads getting some air off piste the last day.

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimottaret wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Who the hell is that? The nutty Derek?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, yup he works for Magic in Meribel and dons the mouse suit from time to time in the snowpark. (wasnt wearing it for the course though Toofy Grin )

He did take some very hairy jumps without even a reccy and could do drills that i could barely attempt to do..
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Eek!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimottaret wrote:
(wasnt wearing it for the course though Toofy Grin )

That's a shame. I quite like the idea of being taught by a giant squirrel Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skimottaret, sounds like a good course.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
beanie1, the only gal on the course broke her arm in two places doing a drill i came up with for her and the dude taking air broke his thumb.. i was happy to come out in one piece... Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret wrote:
beanie1, the only gal on the course broke her arm in two places doing a drill i came up with for her

Have you received the invoice from the medical center & the gal's claim for loss of earnings yet wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stewart woodward, how's Sophia doing? i was pretty bummed about it. Seh was very game though coming back out skiing a few days later, good on her. Please say hello for me.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret, It's a small world ! Sofia's doing fine and is chilling out for Christmas. As per a couple of days ago the case was due to come off in a couple of weeks. She's fit enough to be playing with hew new skins and fat ski's the other day.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
david@mediacopy, that is a small world, you in Tignes? How do you know her and Phil?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret, Unfortunately not in Tignes Sad but usually in touch with one or the other via IM or email. I know them from Baqueira where they usually Winter. Sofia has excellent knowledge of all the best cake shops . . . . .
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
david@mediacopy, snowHead snowHead She does like here cakes, we did have a chairlift discussion on pastries, and a danish girl with us was making a very persuasive argument for Denmark vs. Portugal and Spain... snowHead

Baqueira sounds nice, yet another skiing destination for the list......
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimottaret wrote:
we did have a chairlift discussion on pastries, and a danish girl with us was making a very persuasive argument for Denmark vs. Portugal and Spain... snowHead

Good grief ! I can imagine how that one went. If you want a laugh ask her about marmalade wink

Baquriea is nice, very Spanish with not many Brits around, although over the years I hear more and more English in the lift queues. Apparently the resort is ran US style, where everything 'inbounds' is Avalanche controlled. Certainly the locals don't hold back from the off piste, with the most unlikely lines evident from the lifts snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy