Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Short Boards for Tinyman

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm in the market for some freeride boards but at only 5'2" tall I'm struggling to get good advice on what my options are. I'm no spring chicken but I ski pretty aggressively and usually manage 4 or 5 weeks a season, mainly US backcountry at places like Mt. Hood Oregon, Crested Butte, Big Sky.
Last year I rode on 164cm Salomon Guns which suited my riding but I don't rate the foam construction and would prefer a wood core. I tried a pair of 159 Movement Flames but they were too soft and narrow as soon as things got deep. I reckon that anything over 166cm is going to be hard work but I can't see a lot of good, versatile boards that come as short as that.

One thought was to stick with Salomon and pick up some 166 Czars?

156 Icelantic Nomads also look the business but I'd really like to try before I buy? Any suggestions about these or alternatives?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy