Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

movement yaka jam review

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
what can i say...i love them! Very Happy

me: 180cm, 80kg (most of the time!), can generally get down most things with some degree of style, though occasionally have a really bad day! usually ski 2-3 weeks a year. previous skis nordica nitrous and bandit b2s (both deceased!).
the skis: movement yaka jams, 173 mounted with marker jesters

the skis are great. their construction is top notch, great topsheet and excellent finish from the factory. they've been over everything tignes and val can throw at them over the past 3 days - from boilerplate to crud to a bit of fluffy stuff they happily rode through it all. the ride is nice and smooth with a little pop at the end of the carve to bounce you into the next turn, not dissimilar to volkl mantras. they're pretty quick edge to edge, probably not enough to allow you to race the little tignes skiers through the gates, but they certainly aren't slow considering the huge shovel and 85mm waist. they have a medium flex along their length and great torsional stiffness for railing the groomers. i haven't been able to find their top speed (yet! wink), they just remain nice and composed as you scream down from the glacier...

would be great if the espace killy could get another dump of snow and i can stand up long enough to give them a good run in something nice and fluffy, but for now they're certainly a lot of fun.

the bindings are great too - a reassuring clunk when you step in, no pre-releases and may have something to do with how quick the skis go edge to edge. makes a nice light package as well!

hope that helps, yell if you want to know any more....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good to hear that reality, thanks for the review. As you know from another thread I am thinking of getting some of these so cheers for the review. If you get to try them in the powder, could you let me know how they go?

Many thanks.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy