Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Wellies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking at the possibility of replacing my trusty Technica boots which have served me well for about 6 years. I might best describe myself as a reasonably fearless intermediate, 6' and weighing in at about 17 stone. I also have quite wide feet. Is there any particularly good guidance around what make/model of boot I should be looking for, or is just finding something that fits comfortably the only objective. I can't really comment on whether my current boots are good or bad (I can ski all day in them with no discomfort*), and have nothing to compare with to state whether I am looking for more or less flex, or a higher cuff etc etc, so any advice would be welcome.

*So why replace them? OH couldn't decide what to get me for Christmas, so offered up the idea of getting boots bought & fitted in resort....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AdrianV, what resort? A good boot fitter will take away the need for you to make the choice.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
arv wrote:
AdrianV, what resort? A good boot fitter will take away the need for you to make the choice.

Wengen
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AdrianV, probably best asking for advice on a good boot fitter in Wengen, he will be able to look at your foot and tell you what you need.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AdrianV, Get theeself down the M40 to CEM in Bicester.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
arv wrote:
AdrianV, probably best asking for advice on a good boot fitter in Wengen, he will be able to look at your foot and tell you what you need.

So, are weight/height/standard not particular considerations - just foot shape?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spyderman wrote:
AdrianV, Get theeself down the M40 to CEM in Bicester.

CEM???
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
AdrianV, just one for a boot fitter to make and not something that should be of real concern to you.. a good boot fitter will select the right boot for you given an honest account of ability and assessing weight etc.

CEM is a snowHead (http://www.solutions4feet.com/) who gets pretty damn good reviews round here, whilst I have never been or know him personally, I get the impression he is the best person to visit should you need boots! I understand he is pretty busy so I'd book in advance;)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy