Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic (older) binding recall

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a six or seven year old set of Atomic Beta Ride 11:20 skis which I adore. A friend has a similar slightly newer pair and took them to the ski shop this week (in Canada). The ski shop told him that Atomic has just put in place a recall of the binding model used on those skis (and a number of others) because of issues with the healpiece not locking properly and releasing prematurely. I had sidelined those skis for just that reason.

If anyone out there is skiing on Atomics and has had problems with their bindings, you just might be in for a new set - might be worth asking about the recall when you bring your skis in for tuning/repair.

Note: this is the previous (not current) binding design.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Levitt, that's interesting. My dad skis a 9.20 with a 412 and I've skied them for a few days but suffered on average two or three pre-releases per day even with them wound up all the way. Thought it was down to my boots as he has few problems but then again he doesn't hoon around the place quite as much as I do.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 23-12-08 0:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sideshow_Bob, the recall is -not- on the 614s.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
comprex, actually, thinking about it it's a 412 Xentrix on his 920s. I've corrected the post. The 614s were on the 10.26s. What binding models does the recall cover?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sideshow_Bob, http://www.atomicsnow.com/us/consumer-service.html

It is on the heelpieces of:
Quote:
ATOMIC
• Race 310 / Race 412 / RaceRace 310 / RaceRace 412
• Xentrix 310 / Xentrix 311 / Xentrix 412 / C 310 / C 311 / C 412 / CR 310 / CR 412 / R 310 / R 412 / SX 310 / SX 412
• Device 311 / Device 412
• Centro 310 / Centro 412

DYNAMIC
• ADX 310 / RD10 / X412 / Centro 412

produced between 1998 and 2002
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
comprex, explains a lot. I hated skiing on those skis, and had some really nasty pre-releases. Do you know if the recall covers this country as well, and if so who he should contact?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sideshow_Bob, dunno, the European site should help.

BTW, the stated problem isn't really about pre-releases, rather about housing cracks.

There are several setup tricks unique to that generation of Atomics; if one of those is off no amount of DIN cranking will avert a release.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A year or so ago I had brought my ski bindings in to be repaired and at that time the ski shop told me that Atomic had a policy of replacing at no charge any of those bindings that failed but they were no longer doing so. Interesting that not only are they doing so again but that it is now a full-blown recall.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 23-12-08 18:31; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hey Levitt, Thanks for the info.

I've got an old pair of Beta Ride 11.20s which I love too! I think they have the race 412 bindings so I will get them checked out before I use them again.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy