Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 2008-09

Poster: A snowHead
endlessride, tea with the monks is great!

Sun is shining and the snow is rocking! Woo-hooooo!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stupid good again in Verbier. Faceshots all day. More snow forecast. SICK.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Please I want some of your new snow!! Can you send me it by LA Poste???? I need my little dose of powder... Sad Sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
AlTom, too busy to post it, but I have been sending it, will post some stoke instead...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SamM & I are just back from 3 amazing days in Thyon Toofy Grin The snow was superb and when it finally stopped snowing on day 3, so were the views snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
54cm in 3 days. Aiiii. It has been very nice. Had to have a day off today!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Veeeeeeeeeeeeerry tempted Evil or Very Mad Confused
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Now at Dover, should be at the Medran by 930.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It was snowing on and off above 1900 all day yesterday. Started at village level around 6ish last night and still going. It looks very light and fine, a few cm down here, but up higher? As all the Mt Fort sector was closed yesterday by high winds and most people will be slow out of the traps following the time change.....it's time for me to go
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Superb temperature inversion today Smile And its gradually cleared nearly everywhere this afternoon.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wonderful spring conditions yesterday, looking forward to more of the same today, although it looks a bit cloudier this morning.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Headed to Verbier for Easter. Any hope there might be some snow between now and then?

Also, my gf is a cross country skier. I see that the trails down by Bruson are now closed. Would I be correct to assume that will remain the case? Does anyone have any insight on the trails in the village and up the mountain. I would guess the one by the sports centre is small and probably not worth the bother. What about the one higher up? Says it's 5 km, but is it worth it?

Finally, we'll be travelling in from Lausanne each day that we ski (still undecided how many days). Am I correct that it would be best to take the train to Le Chable and hop on the gondola there rather than taking the bus up to Verbier? And how far is it from the train station to the gondola?

Thanks
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No idea about X-country skiing but train to Le Chable then gondola is the way to go assuming convenient train times. The gondola station is right next to the train platforms
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ami in berlin, trails by Bruson are now ideal for cross country running but alas not skiing and will remain so unless the weather pattern shifts almightily. The other one higher up is supposed to be OK, although that is second hand as I am not a x-country skier. The one by the sports centre is a bit thin on the snow front and with mild weather forecast all week isn't going to be in good shape by the weekend.
WRT getting in then what Arno says is correct. Train to LC then jump on the lift straight into Medran - 7 minutes by gondola vs 20 minutes on the bus
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for the quick info, Arno and BGA.
latest report
ami in berlin, the Ruinettes > La Chaux "course" offers some amazing views. It goes up and down a little bit but is essentially flat. Sounds pretty good for Ski de FOND Wink
snow report
Hi Parlor or other Verbier regular,

Have you got any good suggestions for a ski tour tomorrow. I did the Haute Route last year and did the route up to Rosablanche. Looking for something similar - 1 to 2 hours up with a good run down in spring snow.

Thanks,
Bob
ski holidays
bobinch, Rosablanche was in perfect condition on Tuesday. Go up Rosablanche and back down to the dam, or over to Col de Chamois and down to Fionnay...
latest report
parlor, That sounds about perfect for the gf. The website for the past couple days has also listed that course as being closed. That can't be true, can it? at 2200 m? Why would they stop preparing the tracks when they show a base at the level of about 200 cm?
snow report
Parlor, thanks for the suggestion. Ended up doing Flegere to Le Buet in the Chamonix valley - great Spring snow. Will go again tomorrow and like the sound of the Rosablanche to Fionnay tour. 2 questions... How far down to Fionnay is there still snow? Is there public transport from Fionnay down to Le Chable? Tks, Bob
snow report
Went up Rosablanche and then skied down to dam. It was sensational. Perfect spring snow and t-shirt weather. I love skiing in April when its like this. Lots of snow forecast around the weekend so could be back to powder next weekend....
snow report
bobinch, sorry Bob, missed your post. Which dam? I can think of 3 you can ski to from Rosablanche...

ami in berlin, not sure why it would be closed, plenty on snow....
snow report
The dam at Lac de Cleuson and then down to Siviez. I was surprised how few tracks there were keeping to the right on the way down. There was a guide at the top and when i asked about Fionnay he pointed me towards the "col de parrain"? But I wasn't sure of the route and he didn't think there'd be snow all the way down. Also I wouldn't have made the 10.55 bus back and the next one is not until 14.40. Maybe in a couple of weeks if the new snow goes low enough...
latest report
Back now from Verbier. Skied there Saturday and then went to Portes du Soleil on Sunday. The cross country at Les Runettes was indeed closed, and there was certainly more than enough snow. They simply hadn't prepared it in about a week for no decernable reason. More oddly, the kid selling tickets at the base said "I don't know" when asked if it was open, and then sold my girlfriend a ticket to "go up and find out". What we "found out" at the end of the day, in addition to the trails being closed, was that he had sold her a one way ticket up the mountain. What good is that? She's not going to ski down on cross country skis, is she? He also told me and my skiing buddy that all the upper lifts were closed and would not open at all due to wind. So we bought the Verbier pass, and once up the mountain saw that all the lifts apart from the Mount Gele were indeed running. Fortunately we were able to upgrade right on the mountain, so no problem. Just makes we wonder if maybe they could do a better job of informing their employees.

As for our downhill skiing, it was warm and sunny at 2000 m and cold and snowing at the top of Mount Fort. We more or less did laps of Mt. Fort - Tortin all day, and it was very good fun. Snow was very hard early on, but softened up nicely. Still plenty of snow above about 2000 m. Below that is very thin, and my bases are regretting our decision to ski down to the resort to end the day.
ski holidays
Verbier is getting pounded. Again. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow report
parlor, Wahaay, I'm back out again tomorrow, looking forward to finishing the season as I started it - knee deep!
latest report
parlor, when do you shut?
snow report
Mosha Marc, Closing weekend is always last weekend in April.

Flights and hire car booked....but will not be used Sad Broken leg Sad Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Stairway to Heaven in nice condition with 15cm of fresh on Friday afternoon and not many people around. Highway just as good on second tour round. Guess Mt Gele and back side of Mt Fort will also be nice. Last week and not many people around. Sun forecast so should be lots of good Spring skiing to be had.
ski holidays
rungsp, Oh No Shocked How did you manage that?
snow report
Great skiing yesterday, Mont Fort in great shape, and then some nice spring skiing lower down. Season over for me, unavoidable commitment next weekend means I'll miss the closing weekend for the first time in 5 years Sad

rungsp, somewhat of an annus horribilis for you. Sorry to hear about the leg - not a skiing injury was it?
ski holidays
Hedley, BGA:
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=51633

Skiing....bummer.

Hedley....it was fun skiing with you that day....your mates were good value.

BGA...see you there next season
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy