Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 2008-09

Poster: A snowHead
So it has arrived again. 20+ cm, smooth goodness... More on the way???
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Still it comes... mmmmwwwwaaaHHHHHhahhhhhhahhahahahhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OMG. It may never stop.... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We arrive on saturday for a week.
See you there.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Any update on conditions out there, please?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
face_plant, I'm not sure I have words to describe how good it is. Not sure if rungsp has an internet connection just now, he's better at words than me, off the scale is close but probably an understatement...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
parlor, cheers for the update. 2 weeks 'til I get there, hope the snow keeps on coming 'til then
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Got back last night. Never ever seen so much snow.

What is that Spinal Tap quote about turning the volume up to 11 ?

Parlor nearly broke me with a trip to Rock Garden....but wow...just wow!

Yesterday was a wonderful powder day with Bruson kindly staying open for me, my daughter and about ten other people.

If it doesn't snow another flake in 2009 (unlikely!) there will be ample skiing on piste to the end of April.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rungsp wrote:
Got back last night. Never ever seen so much snow.

What is that Spinal Tap quote about turning the volume up to 11 ?

Parlor nearly broke me with a trip to Rock Garden....but wow...just wow!

Yesterday was a wonderful powder day with Bruson kindly staying open for me, my daughter and about ten other people.

If it doesn't snow another flake in 2009 (unlikely!) there will be ample skiing on piste to the end of April.

nice words...so despite the tons of snow that we have in the pyrennees if verbier is like you describe ....maybe a short trip will be nice........mmmmm I'll think in.....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's been snowing heavily for 36 hours now. About 40 cm of lovely light fluffy stuff. Due to continue on and off all day. Lifts open in 33 mins....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cannot wait - we arrive tomorrow afternoon
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Where it's been wind loaded we're looking at 50-70cm. Conditions are stupid. Second day in a row at Bruson, unusual to ski the Sembrancher run in March!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
wasn't great on gentianes or vallon d'arbi. Looks like the wind has blown some off so we were going through to the hard moguls underneath. Will surely be good in the trees and where it is more sheltered.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bobinch, mwwaahhhhh? Are you for real? Skiing in the wrong place me thinks. I skied Grand Couloir in to Vallon d'Arbi this morning. Knee deep all the way... video to follow...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
parlor, I hope it keeps up...in Zinal on Sat.

Am looking for a mid-week top-up, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
JT, looks like it. snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
Help has anyone got the latest telephone number for the Mountain Rescue in Verbier.Try as I might I cant seem to find it online rolling eyes
snow report
hedley, 00 41 27 775 25 06. Trust you won't need to use it!
snow report
Steve Sparks, Thanks for that fella.

I have the upmost respect for the mountain and hope I never do, but I'll put it in my phone just in case wink
ski holidays
Parlor, you may well be right. I was expecting (and hoping) for powder heaven but on heavily skied runs like Gentianes and the nice face that drops off the path down to Vallon D'Arbi was often hitting the hard mogulled base underneath. Imagine it was good over the weekend in the sunshine. We went to Monterosa which has lots of snow but much of the off piste now affected by wind and sun. Loved the terrain in Alagna and Gressoney though!
ski holidays
hedley wrote:
Help has anyone got the latest telephone number for the Mountain Rescue in Verbier.Try as I might I cant seem to find it online rolling eyes

In the Valais canton just dial 144.

bobinch, sadly local knowledge is king in Verbier. Costs me a fortune, but it's always worth it Wink
ski holidays
5cm of freshies in Verbier today.

Verbier looking snowier than I have seen it in Mar for many years Toofy Grin
snow report
Another 10 - 30cm today.

It should be a bluey tomorrow NehNeh
snow conditions
Fantastic, powder days just follow powder days. 'nuff said.
snow report
ooohhhhhhh if you want to be the best, and you want to beat the rest.... consolidations what you need.........
snow report
Never seen it like this. Flakes the size of plates this morning! ooOOooooOOOOooOOOOOOOooooOOOoooooOOOOo snorkel time...
latest report
parlor, You lucky lucky man Smile a few snowHead coming out over the weekend,leave some for us wink
Rain forecast at village level for sunday Sad ,me dont like skiing in the rain Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
hedley, only after receiving commission. No friends on a powder day...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
parlor, nice bottle of red wink
latest report
Baking hot today. Melting fast down low. Still very good up high.
ski holidays

Today was nice and sunny.
ski holidays
Today was even warmer:

latest report
Deb & I just finished packing. If the flight is on time I should be trying my new skis tomorrow afternoon Toofy Grin
snow conditions
spyderjon, if the flight is on time, you *might* just be able to ski something. Otherwise bring golf clubs Wink

Actually conditions are amazing, see previous photos for proof.
snow conditions
Today was exceptionally warm. Great weather. Some lower slopes starting to go brown.
latest report
Roasting again today. Sun forecast all week.
ski holidays
Perfect bluesky day again.

Lower slopes getting battered by the high temps and sun.
ski holidays
More warmth. The higher piste have a beautiful spring texture to them. Wooo-hoooo. Time for breakfast Corn Flakes. Very Happy
snow conditions
Why is this thread so lightly populated?

Anyway, two top days yesterday and today in the 4Vs. Snow excellent everywhere. "Old" Powder to be had on northern aspects. Yesterday; top of Vallon d'Arbi splendid. Mont Fort bumps yummy. Gentiane very fine. Today; headed (were staying ~Nendaz) towards Thyon - reather more cruisy but some nice bumps and crud found.

All mighty fine.
ski holidays
Went for a walk to the Hospice at the Grand Saint Bernard at the end of last week. Got caught in the "wind tunnel", a great trip but the snow conditions were "hard" to "windblown", a video here http://www.chaletgeorge.com/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy