Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I've bought a helmet

Poster: A snowHead
I think the German military ones with a spike on top would be best, useful for nudging slower skiers out the way and you can carry donuts on them as well.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AdrianV - you still don't get it do you? My group is always the top group Little Angel
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
telford_mike, As a member of your group, I'll second that.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
...and here is the current favourite in skiing haute couture from the orient....

http://www.samurai.de/images/helm.jpg
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
^^^ CHF299 in Central Sport, but sooooo last century!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I got a giro 9 following what Ive read on here, got it in calgary for no more than £65 snowHead It is really great to wear and did me good almost immediately as I would have had a scratched forehead from a branch had i not been wearing it Embarassed

ad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Does anyone out there know of any reviews which give a guide as to which helmet will best save your skull in the event of an accident?

I see a lot of people mention the Giro9, any particular reason for this, I mean is it hype or is the Giro9 a good helmet?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Giro9 is one of the lightest helmets and Giro are a well established helmet manufacturer, which may be why it's popular.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sandfox, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think there is a thread on snowheads quite recently where the Giro 9 came top of the safety listings with the (expensive) FUse coming second..... I havent time to go find it for you just now, but im sure someone else will point it out to you!

ad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
this may be of some help?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=23407
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
buns,
Quote:

I think there is a thread on snowheads quite recently where the Giro 9 came top of the safety listings with the (expensive) FUse coming second

If you could dig this out, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks nbt as well.
I'll continue my research and ski a little safer this year.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sandfox, Just remeber one key thing, the helmet must fit. Different models and makes fit differently, so you'll need to try on different helmets to get the best fit.

I made the mistake of buying what was available in one shop, within my given price range (a Giro, but not the 9) and the fit is not ideal the large was just too small and the XL was just too big, so I went with the XL, but with hind sight I should have looked about a bit more to get a better fit. This link is to a good guide on helmet selection.
http://www.skihelmets.com/size_fit.asp
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I used one for the first time this year! i Loved it, and it kept my head and ears really warm and dry. AND i think i looked kinda cool- coz obviously image is everything???!!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A semi-related question -

Packing to head off to Tignes tomorrow ( Very Happy )- and trying to find somewhere to stuff my helmet, do you think I'd have any problems with just clipping it to my daysack as hand baggage?
latest report
The thread I mention is:

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=3333

if that doesnt work, it is in the piste section on about page 6.....

ad
snow report
just back from using mine for the first time. no gripes about it at all, kept my head warm and saved my head from getting bumped by hasty people on the lift four times in three days, so if nothing else it made my trip more comfortable. noticed that a lot of people were also wearing them.
snow conditions
If you're doing back country through the trees, I don't think you're too concerned about your safety anyways Smile
snow report
Just back from Austria a part from a few boarders hardly any one was wearing a helmet. I think I was the only skier to wear one I saw no one other than children with a helmet on. I used a Giro 9.9 for the first time good fit and warm but I even used a thin balaclava under it as the temperature hit -20 but was still comfortable and warm. Certainly needed it I got taken out getting on a chair by a rather large German lady who flattened the entire row getting on a the 6 man chair.
snow conditions
There are quite a few here in Louise/Jasper wearing helmets, but id have said that a large majority dont. The only group who always do are young kids...... so obviously everyone realises the benefits of a helmet...... just dont apply it to themselves

ad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy