Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whats the best strength excersizes for the next 2 to 3 weeks?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Despite being a large chap with extra padding I have a reasonably good cardio level of fitness due to weekly mountain bike trips.

I wouldnt mind some advice for building a little bit extra core and leg strength (esp Knee) for a ski trip in January. I know its only a few weeks worth of addtional training, but better some training than none Smile

Also - never been Les Gets/ Morzine way, how does it compare to, say, Tignes e.g.

Cheers

S
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think skiing requires balance, endurance, flexibility and strength the least. I know a lot of guys who have massive legs but tire very quickly when skiing whereas I with my well toned chicken legs ski circles around them. Skiing is a stop and go activity, ie interval training is a really good way to train for it. I really like hill running doing short bursts of uphill (until I get the same burn in my legs I experience when skiing) followed by a gentle downhill interval then repeat....you could easily simulate this on a treadmill (with incline mode) or stationary bike (I prefer the recliners as resistance feels better in my legs more like a leg press) in the gym or just do more biking outside.

Core stability exercises on a fit/swiss ball are also excellent preparation for skiing as are one legged balance exercises.

OF course, in the gym you can do squats, leg presses, leg extensions, leg curls and don't forget the inside/outside of your legs (ab/adductors), this is usually the machine you never ever see a guy on. Laughing
Most of these exercises you can also do at home (with some stretchy cables and basic weights for resistance).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had no idea what abductor or adductor machines were - I don't think my gym has them - so Googled a bit to find out more and ran across this rather interesting article.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
scotabroad, try squats on a Bosu, lunges on it too - will work both your legs and get your core in shape at the same time Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hurtle, this guy is a bodybuilder, not a skier. Whilst I agree with a lot of what he says I still think that the ab/adductor is great for skiing, these muscles will also help to strengthen and protect the knees. I would def be very careful with leg extensions ....they can damage the knees if not done correctly.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
scotabroad, It rains more in Les Gets, but at least you can sleep
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
red 27, the secret to a good nights sleep at 2100m........Mutzig wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
here is a good pdf with heaps of exercises and stuff
not free though

http://whistlerblackcombsnowreport.com/getfittoski/
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy