Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montalbert Villaroger Challenge 2009/2010 results only thread.

Poster: A snowHead
RESULTS This thread is just your results.
2009/2010 Results start further down Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 29-10-19 15:37; edited 11 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Montalbert to Vanoise Express 65 minutes
Vanoise Express to Villaroger 55 minutes
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The family 'amble' from Montalbert to Villaroger
Montalbert to Vanoise Express 1 hour 35 minutes
Vanoise Express to Villaroger 1 hour 15 minutes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing, so the benchmark is set !!! Sounds quite quick - can't wait to break it....or myself, trying. Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
These are very round figures - all to the nearest 5 minutes - do we have them more precise? Half a minute or less may easily decide the prize.

(I won't be there so I'm not a contender)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowball, it takes Boredsurfing, five minutes to work out where the big and little hands are.

Embarassed we're not meant to chat on this thread. Sorry Boredsurfing,
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
on 1.1.09 Foxthesnow and I clocked the following:

Montalbert to Vanoise Express - 1hr 15m
VE to Villaroger - 1hr 8m
Villaroger to VE - 50 mins
VE to Montalbert - 1hr 7m

Hope for another attempt later in the season in an off peak week Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kirk2bridge and family yesterday 2h 35 mins to Villaroger and 2h 20mins back

Montalbert to Vanoise 1hr
Vanoise to Villaroger 1 hr 25
Villaroger to Vanoise 1hr 15
Vanoise to Montalbert 55 mins
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Me and ntfarmer thought as it was a quiet saturday we would wander over to Villaroger

Montalbert to the Vanoise Express 58 minutes
Vanoise Express to Villaroger 53 minutes
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boredsurfing didnt you do the return leg as well?

Good time btw, look forward to challenging them in March Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Roger C, Nope!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing, I think you should take the total time from leaving MB to arriving at La Ferme rather than splitting the times. You should also post time take to get back.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I did 3/4 of it today...

Villaroger to VE - 51 Mins 40 seconds
VE to Montybear - 60 mins 02 seconds

Total time (including VE pfaff) - 2hrs 09minutes 23 seconds. Didn't have enough time to do a full return leg but on the outward did VE to Villaroger in 1hr and 5 minutes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We did the challenge last Thursday 29th January starting obviously in Montalbert.

We took the normal route out of the village which did not include the drag lift option (we were both on boards). At the top of the Fornelet chair I had a major faff with my binding as my board had been serviced overnight (yes I was taking this seriously) and they had taken off my flow to service the board and I did not realise this til I put my board on at the lift so we decided to fix this at the top (it took 4 mins). The Meleze chair provided us with a queue (5 mins) and then the next hurdle was a BROKEN TOW ROPE over to Montchavin side. So we had to take board off and walk this part instead of being towed which was the plan. Made it to the VE and there was the biggest queue ever. We were told that this could have been down to the national strike taking place that day and everyone and I mean EVERYONE going skiing.

Time from Montalbert to VE was 1 hour 12 mins. (This included all the obstacles above!)

Les Arcs side was less troublesome although we queued for 17 mins to get on the Transarc at the mid station. Time from VE to Villaroger was 1 hour and 20 mins.

This challenge is getting quite famous. I was sitting on the chair out of 2000 over to Villaroger (forget name but it is the one right outside Fatcontrollers place). Adrian and were just chatting and this girl shairng the chair with us said "are you doing this challenge?". Anyway we struck up a conversation with Camarie of www.skivillaroger.com and she said several of her guests this year have been talking about it. How cool is that??

Anyway had a fabulous lunch at La Ferme on the newly extended terrace and then headed back but did not bother to time this. We were just happy to be experiencing such great snow and sun and enjoying a full day together on the slopes - a rare occurence with a 2 year old these days.

So total time was 2 hours 32 mins and boy was it worth every second. Roll on march and am going to do it all again. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mouth, That'll be Kumari then - one of my bestest buddies (along with Jonny and the kids) and where I stay along with Lady Guvnor whenever we are in the area wink
snow report
Guvnor wrote:
Mouth, That'll be Kumari then - one of my bestest buddies (along with Jonny and the kids) and where I stay along with Lady Guvnor whenever we are in the area wink

Yes indeed (thanks for correcting the spelling). What a small world eh?
ski holidays
Mouth, Indeed - I shall resist the temptation to shamelessly pimp the wonderful hosts who are Jonny and Kumari at www.skivillaroger.com as that would be naughty, but Lady Guvnor and I have skied with them for over 10 years now, and whenever we want a flexible stay over a long weekend or for a few days midweek, we enjoy the wonderful chalet in the quaint village of Le Loissel, the easy access to the lifts in Villaroger (plus of course Michel's Mutzig in La Ferme) or a short drive to any of the other Tarentaise resorts. Their friendly manner, combined with excellent cooking and free booze, their ski hosting and knowledge of the area combined with cheap credit crunch busting packed lunches makes for a superb holiday to which you are sure to return again and again. Just sitting in the outdoor hot tub, enjoying a beer whilst enjoying the views down the valley after a day on the slopes loosens those tight musclel after a day on t......

wink

snowHead
latest report
Mouth

Quote:
Les Arcs side was less troublesome although we queued for 17 mins to get on the Transarc at the mid station.

Why queue at Transarc when you don't have to. Check piste map, think Plagne Bellecote and big queue for Roche bubble wink

Quote:
I was sitting on the chair out of 2000 over to Villaroger (forget name but it is the one right outside Fatcontrollers place)

Lanchettes. Les Arcs tourist office have said I can't rename it "The fatcontrollers chairlift" Sad
ski holidays
Guvnor, I did tell her to get on here but with friends like you she does not need to. Great post! Do say hi from me (Lisa)
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, I know no other way to get over than the Transarc? Even his Lordship told me that one and Snowcrazy Chris does this too. Please enlighten me?
snow report
Mouth, As you are sking down to the Transarc mid station keep an eye past it for the Grand Renard chair. If thats moving, then ski around Transarc to the dead quiet chair 30 feet beyond transarc and take up. Don't tell everyone though Toofy Grin
snow report
thefatcontroller wrote:
Mouth, As you are sking down to the Transarc mid station keep an eye past it for the Grand Renard chair. If thats moving, then ski around Transarc to the dead quiet chair 30 feet beyond transarc and take up. Don't tell everyone though Toofy Grin

I thought this was the results thread?
snow report
Times and routes posting for a couple of days ago:-

MONTALBERT - VANOISE EXPRESS 1 hr 9 mins (lifts used:- montalbert, fornelet chair, coqs, funiplagne grande rochette, arpette, rope tow)
VANOISE EXPRESS - VILLAROGER 59 mins (lifts used:- peisey, transarc, lanchettes)
VILLAROGER - VANOISE EXPRESS 56 mins (lifts used:- replat, plan des violettes, comborciere, col des frettes)
VANOISE EXPRESS - MONTALBERT 1 hr 10 mins (lifts used:- lac noir, bijolin, salla, collosses chair, becoin, adrets)

Please note that had a whip been available for use on slackers in my team of 4, at least 10 mins could have come off each of the 4 stages ! Twisted Evil Laughing

Fun was indeed had - all week in fact .
ski holidays
We are sitting in la ferme in villaroger at the moment enjoying a well dererved chjocolatb chaud

Montalbert to vanoose express 1hr 1m
Ve to villaroger 1hr 6m

Hope the legs are up to it for the way back!!!!!!!
ski holidays
We got back to montalbert at 210pm, full report via link below but return times as follows:

Villaroger to ve 48 mins
Ve to .montalbert 1h 4m

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1186142#1186142
snow report
Nice sunny day today so had to give it a whirl..

Villaroger to VE - 49 mins 18secs
VE to Monty - 58 mins 56 secs

Monty to VE - 60 mins 53 secs
VE to Villaroger - 50 mins 05 secs
ski holidays
Was there ever a winner????????
latest report
2009/2010 Results from here on.................
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
redrunmarcus wrote:
Was there ever a winner????????

Yes everyone who did it was a winneras we got to ski this amazing route. Oh and had lunch today with Rebecca and Nick..
snow conditions
30th December - (Uncle) Phil, Matt (Fox the snow) Rice and I

Montalbert to Vanoise Express - 1 hr 4
VE to Villaroger - 1 hr 5
Villaroger to VE - 52
VE to Montalbert - 1 hr 4

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 10-01-11 12:42; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
4th January - Matt M and I

Montalbert to Vanoise Expresss - 54 mins
VE to Villaroger - 1hr 6 (blame that terrible lift queue at the Transarc 1 - why did we try a different route!!??!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad )
Villaroger to VE - 48 mins
VE to Montalbert - 52 mins
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy