Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good News From Geneva Airport.

Poster: A snowHead
Good news for all you Geneva bound travellers.
The refurbishments seem to be coming to an end. A new small superette has opened in the arrivals hall, sarnies, booze and bottled water etc for the transfer. Even got Champers for the posh types Toofy Grin
Should be quicker service than The Hub Bar. And they will take Euro's and give change in Euro's too.
It is just past the Amex kiosk on the right.
Upstairs in departures they have opened up the extension on the Easyjet end, and reconfigured the Easyjet self check in machines. Will see how well it is working later today and what ever else I can find out, and report back on this thread.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DallyPaul, thanks for that - sounds useful
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DallyPaul, do you know if the car rental desks are back in the terminal building ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
masmith, as far as I know they never left, on the swiss side anyway (where I am mostly to be found lurking). It is the pick up and drop off point that changed, to P51 the long stay car park. I am assuming this is a temporary measure while they refurb level -2 as they have done all the other levels.
But don't quote me, the airport may decide to keep them over at P51 permanently if it seems to be working OK.
Apparently there is a courtesy bus between the terminal and P51. Bit like Luton where the hire cars are miles away.
Hope to have time ce soir for a look around, after my fix of Fish & Chips at Paddy's Pub and before the clients arrive.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
masmith, I can confirm the car rental\car pick up are NOT in the main building. The desks are there but them its a bus ride to collect the car.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
BMF_Skier/DallyPaul, Ah thanks - that's not as bad as I thought, I must have misread the previous thread as I was under the impression the desks had moved. Thanks for clearing that up.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can walk to P51, but it would be a bit of hassle with lots of luggage. Took me 8 minutes to walk from P51 to the BA check-in desks (although I wasn't carrying any luggage).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the info. Any idea if it is possible for me to catch the bus to P51, then come back to pick up the wife, kids and luggage?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
needles wrote:
Thanks for the info. Any idea if it is possible for me to catch the bus to P51, then come back to pick up the wife, kids and luggage?

Yep, that should be possible. You get 10 minutes free parking in the arrivals and departures car parks, that should be all you need to load up.
I have not seen where the Shuttle to the P51 departs from, but I would imagine it is just outside the car hire desks door on the arrivals level. or may be further down where the courtesy buses to hotels depart from. ask at a car hire desk they will tell you. But to be honest, you can walk it in 5 minutes.

I had no time for a recce last night, the clients flight was early. But hope for a look around on Monday.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The bus to P51 goes from just the other side of the lifts that used to take you down to the car hire level.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I travelled home via Geneva yesterday. The Easyjet checkin area (at door number 5) seemed, to me, unchanged to from last Easter. There were a lot of people and all bar one of the baggage desks was in use, but the queues were fast moving. One floor up there is a new restuarant area. The old long round bar has gone and it is replaced with five or six food outlets jointly called "Les Jardins de Genève"offering a range of things. Just found this page with some details of the outlets.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DallyPaul, FlyingStantoni, thanks, appreciated. Should help reduce the stress factor.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
On arrival to Geneva saturday 15th, got the shuttle to P51, reasonably smooth but I suspect when busy could be a different matter, so when I flew back Friday night, dropped passengers at departures drove to P51 (ended up going up to level one by accident, drove around level 1 back down and through exit barrier and then into car hire return, I am sure there must be an easier way ??) walk from carpark to Easy Jet checkin only a brisk 5min, pedestraian route resonably well marked - the only confusing bit was the need to go up in the lift to level 3 to follow the pedestrian route.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can confirm some of the above. EJ self check-in working fine. Security looks to remain a bottleneck. Queue-for-food restaurants upstairs - Italian, Asian (East not South), Grill etc - decent steak hache - insuffic seating for both eating and waiting - not busy so ok yesterday but will be carnage there when Xmas/NY/half-term/Easter... Refurbishments not quite complete though so may end up better than now - will report more in 5 weeks Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thunderer - I think we had the same problem as you when we used the new system in November. When returning the car to P51 we overshot the entrance back into the car park which is just a small slip road running parallel to the main road (where the shuttle bus drops you off) as there were quite a few cars/buses obscuring the entrance. I think it's quite easy to miss it if it's your first time. Before we knew it we had sailed passed and the only alternative was to keep following the overhead signs for P51 which took us up and round to a back entrance which I think was one level up from the car returns. Once back inside P51 we just kept following the exit signs and like you had to do a very sharp right just before the exit barrier and this thankfully took us back to the car returns. The right way is not to miss the entrance by the World Trade Centre! Still, we know for next time now!
snow conditions
Did the new rental carr arragements for the first time this weekend:

On arrival clear customs and turn right. Rental desks are a couple of minutes walk along a wide corridor.
Shuttle bus to P51 leaves from right outside the rental desk area.
We waited 5 mins for a bus, and then sat in it for about 12 mins before it went. It would have been a lot quicker to walk (only hand luggage).
To walk: go out of doors at rental desks, bear slightly right accross bus drop-off area and continue ahead for anout 5 mins walk.
On the pavement there are clear markings with arrows showing the way (and in the opposite direction showing the way from P51 to the airport).
You enter P51 on foot at level 3. Level 1 is the rental car parking.
On return follow the signs and keep right. Slip to Rental returns in just before World Trade Centre. The sign has downwards-right arrows.

With hand luggage it strongly suggest walking, heavy luggage (ski bags etc) take the shuttle us.
snow conditions
Where is the nearest petrol, to fill up before returning car, do you recall anyone?
ski holidays
Villz wrote:
Where is the nearest petrol, to fill up before returning car, do you recall anyone?

That would depend upon the route to the airport. there are a couple of petrol stations on the Ruote de Ferney in Grand Saconnex about a mile from the airport.
ski holidays
If you use the petrol station right next to the airport - under the World Trade Center building - you can make sure you don't miss Parking 51 by never getting back onto the main carraigeway. Once you have filled up you drive out of the station down the mini slip road (stay on it) and it turns into the slip road up to the parking where the shuttle bus goes. Entrace to 51 is on the right and you can see all the car hire places as soon as you get through the barriers.

There might be a slicker way to get to that petrol station but I always drive to the airport, head for departures and follow the 'all routes' to drive straight through and the station is first on your right after you get back onto the main road.

You get extra points for filling up at the first two pumps. The car hire employees really like it when you do that.
snow report
on returning the car i would suggest parking in the short stay car-park right by the terminal (free), checking in, then sending someone off to return the car
snow report
... and I thought the post was going to be ..

'A scheduled Easyjet flight actually operated' .. oh well, Ill keep waiting for that one .. wink
snow report
rungsp, doncaster, Thanks guys, very helpful, I pop my GVA car-hire cherry ono the 10th and it's always slightly nerve wracking the first time. snowHead
latest report
didn't really notice much different yesterday..still far to hot..the new food place looks good..but no seating to be had so didn't bother, the rest is just swiss tat and nasty expensive watches.. and security and the gates are still badly organised.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy