Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Men's WC - Val Gardena & Alta Badia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Werner Heel took the Val Gardena Super G on home soil this morning; in doing so, he became the first ever Italian to win the event.

Didier Defago skied a solid run too, however finished the best part of half a second behind the impressive Heel.

Svindal, Maier and Miller were all off the pace.

All in all, I thought it was an enjoyable morning of skiing (watched this evening on Eurosport2 though). The weather conditions certainly didn't help a few of the runners in the middle of the top 30 pack - a few of the top guys certainly seemed affected in the air with gusts of wind seemingly knocking them off balance.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 21-12-08 21:23; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skisimon, I was an idiot and didn't notice skiing yesterday, but it was great today. Always a really difficult course with all the elements you expect in a proper downhill. Welcome back Michael Walchoffer! Very Happy Svindal clearly had a problem with his skis, and poor Didier Cuche looked as though something outside his control was affecting his run - he was visibly doing everything he could to go faster, and it wasn't happening. Very good run from Bode, and the Yanks and Canadians had a great day. Very Happy Ladies from St Moritz was pretty eventful too. Shocked Looking forward to watching tomorrow's skiing when I get in from work (assuming Sky & Eurosport do show it when they schedule it of course)...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Today's was good too. Buechel looked less than impressed after his run didn't he... It looked like Walchoffer and Osbourne-Paradis were on another level to the rest though. The course didn't seem to cut up as much as most seemed to expect, thought the weather was a pain at times today, just as it was yesterday.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skisimon, Agreed, and also the course was much better this year with the greater snow cover - do you remember it 2 years ago with hardly any snow and at least twice as many bumps?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski, I think we must have been the only two people to watch any racing this weekend, there are usually at least a few people commenting...

Anyway, I missed the first run of the GS at Alta Badia this morning, but thoroughly enjoyed the second run. What a great course - so much better than Val D. What a run from Kostelic!

Is anyone else getting fed up with the commentators' love affair with Miller. Yes, he is a great skier, arguably one of the best. But if listening to their comments in isolation you'd expect him to be at the top of the overall leader board, not languishing outside the top ten. I agree that he can get away with being on the edge more than most skiers, but once he's gone over the edge, he has the same problems as all the others.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skisimon, Just finished watching the mens GS on sky+ so it's not just you 2 Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skisimon, oh and I watched the first run live Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
II, well... la di da... Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skisimon, have a cigar.... If was fun watching the mens downhill after playing is on Skichallenge.... shame they moved the startgate down the hill...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skisimon wrote:
easiski, I think we must have been the only two people to watch any racing this weekend,

No, there was me! Set to record tomorrow's too. Knowing Eurosport + dodgy weather, will be lucky if I get it to see it though rolling eyes .
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Watched both runs of GS on vid, but had to watch the last of the 2nd run this am as fell asleep last night! Brilliant - everything a GS should not, not like last week's effort. Brilliant, brilliant - who wants DH when they can have GS? Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great racing over the weekend.

I personally thought that Laura Gut's result in the ladies SG was the best result of the weekend. A 17 year old winning a WC event Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Me too. Although I have not had time to watch the ladies races yet.

I wonder if Bode is back on the booze? he is just a different character to that of last year, doesn't look as fit either? Has he actually fallen in more races than he's finished this year?

The racing has been exciting but there have been very few races not weather affected, I'm looking forward to a mens downhill in brilliant sunshine, no wind and minus temperature snow and air from top to bottom - just to see who is the best. Surely either Bormio, Wengen or Kitzbuehel will deliver?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy